Hitting a Woman?

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by DirtyHarry, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Prowla - I think this thread is about hitting a woman in SD, not in training.

That's just sick. I haven't seen a lot of this type of **** but I've intervened at the mention of it. I don't need to 'witness' something to act on it even if it means just talking to the parties involved, telling them their options, or on occassion organising a bunch of friends to beat up the bully.

2. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

Id hit her if i had to ... im not willing to die because for something like that. If i am attaked .. regardless of gender, creed, age ( well wouldnt hit a 5yr old).. i hit back because that person is now a criminal and a threat to me. The amount of force i use will depend on whats being used on me.

3. Daimon

Daimon New Member

Doesn't matter to me

If a woman was seriously attempting to do physical harm to my being I would treat them like a combatant and put them down as fast as I could. If I were to perceive the danger to my person as life threatening then I would attempt do whatever it takes to survive, to include severely maiming or killing said assailant.
    Nobody deserves such special status that they can harm others with impunity.

4. Cathain

Cathain Lily Lau Gar

I'd find it difficult to hit a woman, trust me I could be and have been sorely tempted in the past, but actually doing it would probably freak me out.
    My girlfriend is actually more harsh than me and thinks any woman who steps upto a man or hits him deserves to be treated as if she were a man. But I don't really agree.

However, if it's a life or death situation or she pulls a knife on me then I will take whatever steps are necessary to protect myself.

As a side note, I really frown on kicking a man in the nuts frivolously.
    Endangering a man's chances of having a family is no funnier than trying to wreck a woman's ovaries.

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

While I wouldn't quite use the same words, I agree with you!

6. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

The reason we have grown up in a society that says it's not ok to hit women is due to the inherient sexiest attitude in western culture. Women are delicate flowers that need protecting (from other men, from making their own decisions, from being an equal member of society). Men of the other hand, are fair game. How messed up is that?!

Surely a healthy society should say that it's not ok to hit ANYONE. Seriously the number of times I've had conversations with some idiot who thinks that beating someone up is a perfectly reasonable way to settle a dispute but "wouldn't hit a women" is unbelievable. hitting people is not ok, whoever it is.

Anyway, would I hit a women who attacked me? Hell yeh, smack her down like the bitch she is.

7. angacam

angacam Mare Est Vita Mea

If she want to fight by all means allow her to have her equality. Some of the most brutal training parrtners I have ever had have been women whom I outweighted by 50 to 75 pounds. It does not matter who comes to take what i have man, woman or teenage punk if I feel the need to protect myself I will do so to the fullest of my abilities.

8. Kenpo_Iz_Active

Kenpo_Iz_Active Greek Warrior-not 300

Unless you are sparring with a female, go all out. Otherwise, even in self-defense, i think its wrong to hit a woman. If it comes down to (for some strange reason) defending yourself against a woman, no strikes, just parries and re-routing the direction of her strikes....
    Uh, i mean, yo, smack da hoe down...LOL, just playin.

9. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

I would protect myself if needed, however if she gets hurt and goes to the police odds are the guy will be the one getting in trouble. its never easy for a guy when a woman attacks because if he wins hes a jerk, and if he loses he is a wimp. at least that is the perception. there are plenty of tough chicks out there

10. angacam

angacam Mare Est Vita Mea

I just have to put this quote, taken from "The Way and the Power" by: Frederick Lovret, in for this one.

"Westerners have been raised with some rather insane slogans and theories. Notable among these are: good guys always win; fight fair; and, give him another chance. None of these have any basis in reality.
    A good man does not win because he is good; it is only the strong of mind and/or body who win consistantly. Fighting fair means following someone else's rules. This is proper in a sporting contest but in war it is madness. In a real fight you always want your enemy to fight according to a set of rules. Then you fight without rules. As for giving an enemy another chance, that does not even rate discussion.
    Rules of war are created by people who do not fight. War is an ugly business and there is nothing you can do to change this fact. Therefore, when conflict is necessary, you should get it over with as fast as possible. "

That said the face of the enemy is irrelevant. When someone comes to take your life (and make no mistake in the street you have no time to guess wrong) your only course of action is swift and brutal survival.

11. Graham2006

Graham2006 New Member

I agree 100% with what you've written.

12. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

To be honest, I have lost about 80% of the muscle I built through weight training etc and I can still happily overpower every female that I know. If they pull out a weapon so long as you are holding that wrist they certainly aren't gonna be able to do anything about it.

13. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

I read it again and I stand by my previous statement. He's not saying that women are not allowed to be aggressive but men are, he's saying that if a woman attacks a man she forfeits her "you shouldn't hit women" card. If you want to mess around with the boys, fine, but expect to be treated like one if you do.

14. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Where do feminists stand on this?

If women are to be treated as equal to men, then does it take away the "men cant hit women" card?.

15. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

I think it is very much the base instinct of men. Woman are destinctly weaker for survival purposes and fro experience there is a naturally ingrained will to defend woman rather than injure them (they are kinda essential for survival) so this will factor in.

16. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Absolutely. On one episode of COPS, this lady just starts wailing on this cop and he's trying to do everything he can to subdue her without smacking her. So finally he tasers her and she drops like a bag of flour and some guy on the sideline yells at him for hitting a 'girl'. Some girl, she was sort of winning till he zapped her.

17. Raven927

Raven927 Valued Member

If she comes at me with a knife, I am going to treat her like any other threat.

18. Light123

Light123 Give Up On Giving Up

I would call it a stereotype to say women are delicate. Women can be one tough cookie. Seriously, I've spent most of my life around girls. I hardly know many men. i even hit some of them. Well, ijust for play.

19. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

As long as women continue to be genetically weaker than men, and continue to be sex objects to a male dominated society, we will continue to go to jail for hitting them regardless of the situation.

20. Fishbone.

Fishbone. Banned Banned

100% agree, Just because she's a woman i'm not going to hold back. I'd hit them just like I hit any other guy who attempts to threaten my life.

Some people just think their exempt from the law, That's where I draw the line.