hitting a man while he's down?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by gt3, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gt3

gt3 Member

i'm not trying to convert anyone to my method of thinking, that would be literally impossible. All i was trying to do was to get people to think a little deeper about the nature of this sport, the essence of true martial arts, etc, i'd recommend you start reading some like martial arts books written pre-UFC and tell me just how many of them only discussed violence? NOT A WHOLE LOT, there must be a reason for this, otherwise you're crapping on the ancestors to your MMA

2. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

tell ya what GT3. why don't you give me. word for word. reason for reason, what YOU consider to be TRUE MARTIAL ARTS? then things will be easier to clarify.

3. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

Ive read plenty and fyi, mixed martial arts and competitions for them have been around since the greeks were running around naked throwing discus. UFC simply put it on tv.

4. gt3

gt3 Member

i already did that, i explained that a true martial artist isn't just someone who only sees the violent aspect of the art, he sees the whole. He sees reasons for ethics and restraint of his fighting skill and is about protection not aggression.

Anyway i've failed to convince you guys just as you've failed to convince me, i guess that makes us equal

5. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

you mean, you finally realised that your definition of what a martial artist is, isnt the same as everyone elses? breakthrough!

6. gt3

gt3 Member

i clearly knew that the whole time, it was the BASIS for my point. You guys are too much :p i'm gonna miss you

Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  7. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Don't worry...even though these are 2 of the most abrasive guys on the forum...there are others as well... ;)

8. gt3

gt3 Member

well i'll be missing them cuz i'm leaving this forum since i'm clearly not welcome here :p

9. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

so you were in fact just trying to preach your ideals to us? ok. I guess I gave you more credit than that.

10. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

sounds like it to me.

now talk about passive "i'm leaving cause their arguing with me....boo who" come on man, grow up.

11. gt3

gt3 Member

I deserved to get berated for going into a place and then saying anything negative about it. Small price to pay for possibly getting through to anyone though. Thank you those who sent me private messages supporting me, it makes me feel better about leaving this forum and not feeling like i wasted all my time :D

And so what if there appears to be something passive in my leaving, my stay was anything but passive--and it leaves something behind that remains ever active

Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  12. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

so then leave already, you've said you're leaving twice and that you were done with this thread about 12 times. make up your mind. stay and debate or don't.

13. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

yeah you are a real champ. dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.

14. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

LOL

I was about to say the same thing.

Gt3. You didnt change anyones mind. You will be remembered (for about 2 days) as the troll you were that added nothing to this forum except a blackhole of bandwidth and a waste of a few peoples time.

15. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Oh no, please don't go, we'll really miss you. Whats wrong, honestly you can tell me!! I can't believe how cruel this forum has become.

NOT

16. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA:D quality!

17. SCP_Kensei

SCP_Kensei www.taintedlover.com

Gotta add this one for when the troll comes out form under the bridge again:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_arts

So from their ORIGINAL translation into english the term Martial Arts refers to the craft and accomplishment of military matters. Yes I can truly see how that definition is better suited to sitting on a mountain crosslegged and hummingm rather than lkearning how to kill with bare hands/weapons.

ONe thing I dont think was made clewar here.

Just what Martial Art does O-Sensei Gt3 practise? Other than troll fu; and foot-in-mouth-justu of course.

18. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

[​IMG] :D

19. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

From what I gathered watching him all over the forums...

..his whole background was fabricated (hence no one could ask him about it), his age probably was false too and most of his stories didn't sound right either. In his profile it says he practies tai chi at the moment but to be honest, how many MA's can one truly learn and practice from age 8 on until the age of 27 ? And as seems apparent from his responses here and elsewhere he was trying to "preach" something, not hold a discussion. Hence he never gave up. Funny, I thought normally preachers only exist in churches. :D :D

Christian

20. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

Uh, any of them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.