hitting a man while he's down?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by gt3, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

well giving up would be passive anyway.

;)

y'see, one day youll learn that people CAN have different yet still valid viewpoints. most children learn this cognitively at around the age of 5-6, but theres always a few slow ones...

2. gt3

gt3 Member

That means that you think my viewpoint is valid, so what exactly is the problem people are having with my viewpoint then? Can't contradict yourself much more than that.

And the reason i give up is because its obvious that you guys are just enthusiastic as can be about violence and so i'm just seen as the party pooper, so my attempts here are futile.

And that last attempt at an insult you threw at me is a perfect example of what i mean by how your violent mentality tries to do anything it can to coerce someone else into stooping to your level in hopes of getting into an altercation. How exactly is THAT maturity? I'm slow remember, so please explain it to me carefully :D

Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  3. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

1. Did i ever say that?

2. yeah, i know, like a knee to the face :)

3. Please explain to me how in your eyes, enjoying competition and fighting makes the world a bad place? that made absolutely no sense what so ever.

4. How on earth could that be considered passive? HOW!? explain that if you can. whats passvie is sitting on the outside and looking in, all the time shouting negative things and disavowing something without ever trying it. as i've said before. if you haven't done it, don't flog it, if you don't wanna step in the cage, fine, thats you, but don't sit on the steps and complain about those that do. PLEASE explain to me how MMA is passive, and how attempting to realize your dreams is passive? If anything the UFC has made a BETTER NAME for martial arts. its opened the eyes of all the stereotypical movie goers and ignorant citizens and showed them what its really about and how its used.

5. How is my way of living destructive to the world, in fact, how does doing MMA give you any insight into my way of living? care to elaborate?

4. gt3

gt3 Member

every single thing you have just said clearly came from your belief that martial arts is pure/realistic fighting and nothing more, since that's what you believe then all of what you said makes sense to you, whereas i don't believe that so i completely disagree, it's that simple. Therefore, i don't need to bother explaining anymore of my view unless you were on the same page as me because it just won't make sense to you.

For example, you think the UFC has given martial arts a good name cuz yer defintiion of martial arts is that it's about pure/reaslitic fighting and hollywood portrays unrealistic violence. Whereas to me that's only part of it, but hollywood also often portrayed martial arts as a positive/mental/spiritual growing experience and not just some shallow violent contest.

Woops i forgot for a minute i was giving up on this discussion :D there will be no further replies from me. Have a good one

5. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

no, I REALLY WANNA KNOW! i want to know why you came to the conclusions you did, why sport fighting makes the world a bad place, TELL ME, how is it a socital decay issue? TELL ME. and why am i a bad "destructive" person for enjoying competition fighting? TELL ME PLEASE I WANT TO KNOW. or can you even do so? is that why your backing out? out of steam? and just a little fact. Kimo is a practicing minister, and in the eyes of society, those are the most selfless, non destructive people in the world, and you know what? he LOVES to fight. he enjoys sport fighting, so even though hes devoted to the opiet of the masses, hes still "destructive"?

6. gt3

gt3 Member

You didn't need me to tell you anything else, surely you don't need me to tell you any more. i'm sure you'll figure it out if you want to ;) But please don't distort the question, which is that i never said 'sport fighting makes the world a bad place' i said changing the definition of martial arts (which can be a great force to make the world a better place) INTO merely sport fighting, must obviously make the world a worse place--because instead of pumping out responsible/ethical people in the future we'll be pumping out violence lovers. YOU DO THE MATH, i'm outtie

7. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Do you have some Asian fetish or something? Not all ma is chinese. Look at boxing, wrestling, etc. Just because they dont meditate and fire chi balls of energy at eachother, doesnt mean they arent ma.

Please, please, please get that dragon ball z tape out of your dvd player.

8. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

TAPE in DVD player? :confused: yeah, i'd say you should hurry up and get that out too. how the hell did he get it IN? :D

9. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

you have to understand that not everyone who loves sport fighting is a VIOLENCE LOVER! it is possible to love something simply because you enjoy it. think about it. its competition in its purest form. and its beautiful. i don't see why you are so against it.

10. gt3

gt3 Member

i know i said i was done but ok this is truely my last post cuz i just cant resist this one:

"Not everyone who *loves* sport *fighting* is a *VIOLENCE* *LOVER*" i don't even need to put my spin on that, come on ;)

If you guys want to know where i'm coming from look up the word "virtue" (in its original sense) and ask yourself if you're virtuous. and if you're not ask yourself why virtue should be stripped from the martial arts

11. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

oh no, please do. you just don't understand that do you? if someone enjoys weapons sparring, they must be a homicidal maniac too right? give me a break.

Tell me why you think *virtue* is so absent from sport fighting, be it boxing. Muay Thai. MMA. what ever, there are some very respectful and kind hearted people in those cages and rings.

12. gt3

gt3 Member

ah you see, NOW you're making some headway into my way of thinking. You are now seeing the DISTINCTION between pointless violence and learning selfdefense without having to be a violence lover. THIS is what i mean by true martial arts. YOu've got it now, stay with it!

dinstinction: PART TIME respectful and kind hearted, PART TIME

13. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

yep, theres nothing wrong with your viewpoint. however. you come into a MMA forum and start badmouthing everyone who does MMA as some kind of thug. what you are doing is putting forward your OPINION and then trying to make everyone else accept it as a fact. Well its my opinion, muay thai means a whole lot more to me in a spiritual sense than what shaolin means to average johnny down at the local shaolin-do class. Notice how I didnt have to make a thread about it though, and how im not trying to make anyone accept it as a fact.

if you knew me you would know that I am about as nonviolent as it gets. I use my tongue and my brain to get out of situations, not my fists. and because of that I have only ever had a couple of "streetfights" neither of which were my fault. Sportfighting can be violent but if you dont like it dont watch it and dont come and moan at us about it.

Oh please, that was hardly a scathing attack. Maybe before you start throwing stones you better make sure your skin is thick enough for any that come back.

14. gt3

gt3 Member

you've got me all wrong, including even why i started this thread

15. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

that still makes no sense. true martial arts are about violence any way you cut it. you need to realize that. the statements you were making were labeling anyone who enjoys competition fighting in any way to be a violence lover, they DO have competitive weapon sparring. stick fighting ect.

16. gt3

gt3 Member

apparently you missed my peanut butter and jelly analogy. Makes me realize that a lot of what i said here was probably missed as people were scrambling to jump on me without fully breathing in my message

17. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

I've got an idea. Sod off and make your own forum instead of trying to convert everyone on here to your method of thinking. ;)

18. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

so why did you start this thread? you gave the pretense of being an interested newbie but that facade didnt last long before you started throwing insults.

Simple fact is that you think combat sports are degrading martial arts. why? and I actually mean why, not why they are degrading IN YOUR OPINION, I mean ACTUAL reasons.

19. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

so then please, for those of us that missed it. tell us what your message was, so that i may absorb it.

and on the PB&J analogy. did it ever occur to you that some people like jelly by itself better than in a PB&J sandwhich? and that they could like it because it tastes good, and not because it was the result of slaughtering thousands of grapes?

20. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

no, what you are missing is that different martial arts cultures exist. the culture surrounding boxing is different to MT, which is different to kyokushin, which is different MMA, which is different to san shou.... doesnt make any of them less valid as martial arts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.