Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by MerKaBa, Dec 13, 2004.

1. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

...is going to be a movie?

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the "movie" or the "book" forum so I just put it here. I'm not sure if it's true, but a couple friends just told me... and apparently some rapper is going to play Ford???

Does anyone else care about this, or have you heard anything?

2. wikidbounce

wikidbounce Valued Member

Loved these books, especially the first two.

http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/

here's the official site for the movie.

The rapper in it is mos def. Should be released two days before Star wars episode three.

3. ZenPolice

ZenPolice New Member

I've waited over twenty years for this. For slightly neurotic thirty-somethings such as myself, it will be more than a movie.

It will be a religious experience.

4. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

AMEN! To that :D

5. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

I have the old version on tape.

Now, when are they going to make that Red Dwarf movie?

6. Sankukai

Sankukai New Member

Dear gawd ! ^^^^ What he said...!!?

I used to live near, and work in Camden...I once saw an estate agents board on the way home on the bus called 'Hotblack, Desiato and Co.' and emailed Douglas Adams in outrage that someone would so crassly lift from his books...Needlesstosay I got an email back from him pointing out that he too lived near Camden and that the excerpt from the first of the trilogies about the economy of a world collapsing under the weight of shoe shops was modelled very closely on....yep Camden.
    Was a really nice mail...was gutted when he went :cry: Still the film'll be a fitting tribute
    Cheers
    S

7. wing chun

wing chun Banned Banned

who's playing zaphod? will he have two heads? will he have three arms? :confused:

8. Sankukai

Sankukai New Member

Dunno who's in the cast...have read a little bit about it a while back when they were threatening to do it (they've been doing so for YEARS so I didn't get excited)

He better have two heads, three arms and ego the size of our galaxy or he'll be ALL wrong !?! :p

S

9. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

wonder if the infamouse towel is going to be in the movie...AND THE THING ABOUT GOD DISAPPEARING IN A POOF OF LOGIC :D :D :D :D

10. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

Check the Internet Movie Database...http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371724/
    And check out who's playing Marvin...yes, you're seeing right...WARWICK DAVIS. That was the one that really made me fall on my butt laughing.
    It should be great. The BBC version from so many years ago was stupendous, but they had one inconsistency that bothered me. Trillian was blond! She was a brunette in the books! But, looking at the cast, they fixed that this time, only to turn Ford black...maybe it'll work. I'll still spend my $8.00 on it.
    But...now...what's this about a Red Dwarf movie?

11. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

Mos Def is in HITCHIKERS?! ooooorgle

12. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

Actually I believe he's starring as Ford Prefect... he's the rapper I was reffering to...

13. Alexander

Alexander Possibly insane.

I want to know what the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster is going to look like (and what effects it has).

And I'm looking forward to the great lines such as:
    "You'll need this fish in your ear."

14. Shinzou

Shinzou New Member

Huge fan of the book(s). Truly a great lose when someone as brilliantly insane as Adams passes. Very excited to hear about the movie.

15. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

I've heard it is going to be a movie. I just hope hollyweed doesn't flog it up as usual.

16. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

I don't know wether to be excited or scared. Lets hope the movie biz doesn't screw it up by having it be about a stranded warrior (Dent) out to kill the Vogun military, one poet at a time. With a $364876482876.99 budget going to 3 hours of nonstop special effects. :cry:

17. wing chun

wing chun Banned Banned

i can't wait to hear the vorgon anouncment that earth is to be destoryed

What do you mean you've never been to alpha centuri, its only 4 light years away.

i did hear something about a red dwarf movie all i know is it will have the orginal cast in it :D

18. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

There was an American Pilot ep of Red Dwarf but it was apparently so appalling that it got shown....once....ever..
    I got a tape of it somewhere, havent seen it.
    I would like to see a Red Dwarf movie..to end it all.

19. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

20. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I can't argue with their choice for Arthur Dent. Martin Freeman is perfect. Hell, I can practically see the plot of HGttG happening to Tim, Freeman's character from The Office.

Sam Rockwell can probably pull off Zephod as well. I'm impressed.

Stuart