Hisardut Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by mdgee, Jun 12, 2014.

1. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Anyone have anything to say about this martial arts studio? I know what HIsardut is and it's pretty rare in the U.S. In fact, i was shocked to find a studio there because I'm moving about twenty miles outside of the city. Most of the instructors are certified by the guy who created it: Dennis Hanover. It's american names is Israeli Jiu Jitsu and it's a pretty powerful self defense system that is actually taught under them Krav Maga umbrella. The instructor is very nice and grew up in Israel. I've love to hear any reviews of this studio you have. I know they just opened at a new location.

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

The core system seems a fairly standard Gendai/Kyukoshin/Judo hybrid - better than most in fairness due to a modicum of pressure - but nothing to write home about. That said I've seen some of it in the form of Michael Ruppel, who seems to have a much more "combatives" vibe and like a lot of his stuff.

3. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Yeah, Michael Ruppel is pretty much the face of Hisardut these days. Dennis, the founder, has a huge gut and doesn't look like he could handle himself in a fight but Michael sure does.

4. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Don't "judge a book by its cover"

I have seen fat and skinny people do a dandy on the ill-suspected