Hip Pop

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Icrippler, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Icrippler

Icrippler Valued Member

Hey
    I do taekwondo and everytime i raise my left leg to do a kick my right hip gives off this small pain and it even clicks/pops a little. I dont know why this is because when i kick with my right leg my left hip does not hurt or pop or anything. It hurts not enough that im in like pain but its just really uncomfortable. The weird thing is though when i do leg raises (an exercise) and i raise my legs my left hip clicks everytime but it dosent hurt while my right hip does not click. Anyone know why this may be happening and if it may turn out to be a future injury? Or how to prevent it?

Thanksss

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

This is the reason my son left TKD. Whether it was a pre-existing condition that TKD brought out I don't know. With him it happened progressivly more frequently and with more severity.
    We've put it down to the kicking to the air that's done in both the training and the patterns. Appparently it's quite serious as you have nerves and arteries that can be trapped. I believe in the worst case you would bleed out in a couple of minutes, don't know how true or likely severing an artery is but ........
    Has happened in Muay Thai one or twice when he's missed a pad or a bag, usually by overstretching.
    I did a bit of research last year and found it to be suprisingly common in TKD.

3. slacker

slacker Valued Member