highest % submissions for tall people

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by abnjj, Mar 19, 2019.

1. abnjj

abnjj New Member

i found rear naked choke and guillotine choke work real well for me im 6 ft 4 in also noticed alot good options for me in rubber guard maybe you guys can suggest some better ones for us tall guys

2. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

head/arm choke i think is always a good option for bigger guys.

abnjj likes this.
  3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Triangle, butterfly position, all the spider/lasso/DLR guards etc.

abnjj and axelb like this.
  4. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

as someone with long and, with gi, I always liked cross collar choke, easier to reach the cross grip and setup.

abnjj likes this.
  5. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I was going to say Triangle, as a more stumpy guy I've found them tricky. And been wary of taller guys getting me with them; happened a bit too often against longer legged guys in comparison with other subs.

6. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

When you say tall, do you mean

A) Long legs
    B) Long body
    C) Big so long and large

Long limbs mean it's easier to get poor quality lock ups like triangles, kimura grips etc, so if that's what you like concentrate on getting them technically solid.

I'm a big fan of using the extra range to control space from underneath, and use the extra lever length to work sweeps to top, take the back and RNC, but the extra length makes the RNC harder to sink in fully, but the bow and arrow is nice if you have problems on the way in.

Vince Millett and axelb like this.
  7. abnjj

abnjj New Member

good replies its funny you said bow and arrow i never seem to get that in real time ever but i been really trying to perfect the process in class when we do situational rolling

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Got a guy in my group who is probably same height as you but a lot thicker. I literally cant pass his guard, and his scissor sweep is like 2 trees swinging at me

abnjj likes this.