High Red Belt Testing

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by G50, Mar 30, 2007.

1. G50

G50 Night Owl

On Saturday, I will be testing for High Red belt. This is the last lower belt testing for me. After this testing, I go on to Deputy Belt testings which are far away and a lot more difficult to pass. Low belt testings are usually every 1 1/2 - 2 months. Deputy belt and black belt testings are every 3-4 months.

This testing will be a very big challenge. The breaking technique is the 3rd hardest for me to do. (deputy 2 to deputy 3 and high red to deputy 1 are the other 2).

2. hapk1do

hapk1do Valued Member

Did you pass? Also, I'm curious Gaylen50... What Hapkido Association is your school with?

3. G50

G50 Night Owl

yes I did pass. There were a lot of masters there to watch the testing. I was very nervous. Because of the difficulty of the breaking, it took my 3 tries to break it.

And recently on May 12th I passed my Deputy 1 belt testing. It was really difficult, I had to do an endurance test in which I had to do a lot of sit-ups, leg lifts and push-ups. I even broke the board on the 1st try! :eek: :)

My school is with the Korean HapKiDo Federation

4. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

shytte, your belt testing seems to be a lot tougher than our syllabus...

5. hapk1do

hapk1do Valued Member

Congrats and thanks for the info.. I wish you good health and good practice.