Hi I have a few questions

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kabal, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Kabal

Kabal New Member

Well I'm new here and I use to do karate back when I was about 10 so I really don't remember much about it anyway I'm now 20 years old and have a few questions. First off I live in brighton and apparently there is a good shotokan karate club near me at some school I'm interested in joining but my eyesight is absolutely bad I have to wear glasses at the moment so I was wondering if I wear soft contact lenses like jelly could I take a punch to the eye/kick without my entire eyeball exploding? Also one of my floating ribs is cracked I think due to a little boxing incident and also rugby is it possible for that to heal or can I build muscle over it to protect it? Well I hope someone can help because I'd like to start a martial arts. How much do classes normally cost also? I'm not really sure... Anyway thanks in advance.

2. Sarah the Sane

Sarah the Sane Curse of the Red Mage

Well, I can't really help you on your first two questions, but as for the third, the cost of classes do vary. I pay $40 a month for mine, while other schools in my area pay up to $80 a month. In some schools you can just pay by the class, so it might be a couple dollars a class. I would call the school and ask about the cost. If you can't find help on your first two questions here, I would recommend that you call the instructor and ask him/her. Welcome to the forum!