Hi Guys

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by B.A. Baracus, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Just cause someone doesnt belive the same thing you don't believe in, doesnt mean you have anything else in common.

I think matt just likes an argument, and its good to remember your heros are human too.

2. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

oh absolutely @fusen. i think the thing that really makes great heroes is the fact that they are human.

i get that point in the argument, the commonality with other people on values, etc. i just disagree that christianity is the right way to get good values or that christians are the only ones with values. but hey, just me i suppose.

3. B.A. Baracus

B.A. Baracus Valued Member

Weelllll.... I am not sure how we went from making jokes about Hogan's Heros to this.

I would warn you about all that stuff on the net about Missler. He has made a lot of enemies and the is a lot of (censored word) about him floating around.
    In regards to your third point, missler has proof of what he says in that area. maybe you should get some of his stuff and actually read it...

For your information the video I wanted you to see was removed from utube. it showed Hillary discussing Nazi style camps for americans who resist the new world order.
    I was not comparing her DISCUSSING it with Hitler's crimes. However If you know your history you will know that the Nazis sugar coated the killing camps and described them in a very similar way

As for my cluelessness, please do not relate my horrible debating skills with my intelligence or knowledge on the subject.

I appreciate this warm welcome and look forward to getting to know all of you.

73's

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Please don't use "(censored word)" in place of profanity, as it's still masked profanity, which is against the rules.

5. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

To be honest, if america has a parallel to the death camps of nazi germany at all, it is if anything the prison industrial complex, granted, it hasn't gotten to the point of killing people en mass.

6. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

They did indeed.
    Showed them to the public as a place where everyone lives happily ever after.
    I am aware of that.

But your comparison with the two (and after all, you did link the linked video and not another) is just rubbish.

7. Giovanni

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqSOXyUS0ds"]Hillary Clinton Says " We Need Camps For Adults" ( Concentration Camps ) - YouTube[/ame]

"open dialogue opportunity" = "death camps"!!!!! oh noes!!!!

8. Giovanni

but did they really? that's so odd that we think now that people didn't get it.

even a cursory look at the documentation--germans are fine bureaucrats after all--shows almost the entire state was in on this, from construction workers, to trucking companies, to churches, to train operators and train station workers. it actually boggles the imagination that the myth that germans did not know is so pervasive, still to this day. after all we've learned since and including the nuremberg trials.

it's probably more precise to say that everyone knew, but many were silenced by fear. but "not knowing", just seems very, very odd and misplaced.

another interesting point, americans knew too....i was at staten island a few years ago. it's actually quite well documented in the holocaust exhibit there that many, many vessels full of jewish german refugees were turned back, knowing what they were being sent back to.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  9. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

There are people who believe a man in the sky controls their lives. Many people pray to this man for happiness and well being. I don't think silliness is comparable when the whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. At least this guy attempted to give you a date to the end of the world.

10. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I was in that part talking about a certain propaganda movie from that time (which I should have added, I admit that. Can't expect people here to read my mind), and in that movie those camps were shown as a wonderful place, where "the jews" were essentially celebrating life, were playing all the time and what not - not a single sign, that they forced to "work" (let's call it that) and were killed by the million.
    Of course it was a pure lie.

As for:
    I'm a little bit torn here.

Because at some point, I totally agree there with you, there was no way, that people didn't know, what was happening.

I mean seriously: When you lived close to Buchenwald (to take that as an example) and it suddenly starts "snowing" in summer - people can't tell me, that they couldn't count one and one together.

Not with lines of people nearly crossing by, densely-packed, weak, hardly able to move, obviously suffering from malnutrition and other stuff, barked at, bitten and herded by dogs...

Those people were going some place, where they suddenly disappeared - at the same time, when it started "snowing".

Nope, don't believe that either.

What I think I believe partially: That some people, especially those who didn't want to see it, understood rather late, what was happening.
    But - and that's what I think is important - even those (I personally think) knew at least that there was something really, really bad going on, long before they admitted it.
    What I mean: Chances are they knew it way before *add a year where everybody in the world knew*, but years before that.
    But to us, who luckily didn't experience that time, it still seems, like they realized it really late.
    (Uhm, that still doesn't make much sense, does it? :eek: I will think of a way, to rephrase that)

I think, as you said, it's just easier to pretend to not have known. Whereas it was more, that they didn't *want* to know, for various reasons: Fear, most of all; some wouldn't care or even agree (especially young people were simply brainwashed).

EDIT: Oh, the youtube video might have "concentration Camps" in its title, but if someone still wants to compare those and her idea, I still strongly advise to read upon your history. Saying that people, who were to go camps to talk and listen to each other is the same as being in a KZ... well, disrespectful comes to mind again. At the slightest.

11. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

10000 Jews died in BMW's factories , 10000 died in the factory that Bayer built at Auschwitz to exploit the slave labour (while at the same time making zyklon B) .Clearly a fair number did know what was going on .

12. Dead_pool

"In October 2013, the incarceration rate of the United States of America was the highest in the world, at 716 per 100,000 of the national population. While the United States represents about*4.4 percent*of the world's population, it houses around*22 percent*of the world's prisoners."

1% of the population I think, that's a crazy amount of people, that's the evils of neoliberal capitalism right there.

Wiki says -

13. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

It's not slavery, it's rehabilitation.

14. Dead_pool

It's a money source for privately run prisions.

15. simondavies1978

simondavies1978 New Member

and those prisons are full of kids arrested for drug selling low at a low level from communities where there are few options, I am no liberal but if you legalise the majority take the power away from organised crime and tax it appropriately and feed that money back into the communities. The situation can be improved the cycle breaks and things move forward.

The police forces (under advisement from successive governments)have been utilising similar approaches to the same issues for the last 50 years its has not solved the problem. Criminalising what comes down to a socio economic issue is pointless and does nothing but address the problem and make private companies whom run the prison system rich. Non of this money goes back into the community and most of their outreach programs are PR nonsense.

Not a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015
  16. simondavies1978

maybe I should smoke a little less there would be fewer typos.

Obviously kidding as UK based and weed is illegal here.

But its ok to get drunk on a weekend.

has anyone ever been attacked by a stoner? how many had issued with a bloke who is smashed! hands up?

17. Giovanni

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  18. simondavies1978

19. B.A. Baracus

B.A. Baracus Valued Member

I had a neighbor that made drugs in his back yard. I caught him down front of my place makin a drug deal once and he never forgave me. He almost killed my other neighbor bout a year back but he was so stoned he muddled it. Never did go to the cops and now im glad I didn't. found out the other day that he worked for a guy named gearson. he owns half the county and the police force, texas style mafia. Its been a good year since ive seen him, but just yesterday I pulled into a local gas station and there he was handing a little baggie to a guy in a city owned truck... I just kept on drive'n.

Anyone who has ever been around that wouldn't be pushin to let em all go.

20. simondavies1978

Thing is if you de criminalise then this under the table deal disappears (this guy your referring to likely moves into another type of crime as he sounds like a lifelong criminal) you are referencing organised crime rings which are a different issue, however taking away one of their revenue streams can only be a good thing. But I do take note of your individual experience which sounds horrid.