Hi everybody!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by FunnyBadger, Aug 31, 2014.

1. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

Hi there all, been lurking on MAP for a while but thought I'd bite the bullet so to speak and join. Hopefully I can learn a few things from some of the folks on here an maybe in time hp some others or more likely look like an idiot and possibly amuse others in the process.

I'm 24, an engineer in the RAF (sounds more exciting than it is I assure you). Martial arts wise I started with judo for approx 4 years as a child then 10 years out of training I started jjj (tjf) left for various reasons and 2 years later I have recently started boxing through work. I'm moving in a few months to Staffordshire for work and will be looking to start judo again when I'm up there If I can persuade my wife to let out often enough : )

Hope fully that gives you all a clue about me.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

Next year we'll be running a charity get together and taking a session will be Ian Rose, Paralympic Judo champion.

You should come along. He's a super nice guy, as well as being awesome at Judo.

3. FunnyBadger

Hi simon, yeah sounds good. Quite hard to turn down an invite like that : ) have you got a link to some details ?

4. Simon

More details to follow throughout the coming months.

Just follow the MAP Meet 2015 link in my signature.

Here's the video from this year's event.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvCN1eIWdz4"]MAP Meet 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

5. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Welcome! We like delurkers :D

6. FunnyBadger

Just been having a look at the map meet 2015, looks like a good little get together. I've gotten provisional permission from the wife so shall be along for a

7. Simon

Excellent. It really is a great get together.

8. ArthurKing

ArthurKing Valued Member

Welcome Jeff, not a million miles from you, try out Sensei Jim Walker or Martin Clements in Walsall, if you ever fancy a kickboxing/karate taster. have fun.

9. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Welcome aboard Jeff!

No doubt see you at the next map meet then, Determined to actually make one!

Cheers

Dan