Hi Chazz

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by TKDLisa, May 13, 2003.

1. TKDLisa

TKDLisa New Member

Hi Chazz

I'm Lisa and I'm from Morrisville, Vt I'm 39 years old and I study TKD Bluewave style and I'm a first degree blackbelt soon i will be testing for my second degree :) :)

2. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

wat is TKD BlueWave style? how it is different from others??
    havn't heard from Chazz lately...
    welcome to the forums
    -TkdWarrior-

3. TKDLisa

TKDLisa New Member

TKD Warrior

Hello TKDWarrior :)

TKD=Taekwondo Bluewave style is a lot like all the other's with the same techniques but with the exception that only the form's & definition's are all different :Angel: :)

4. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

.... actually may I correct your post TKDLisa...

" Blue Wave " is actually ... "Blue Wave TaeKwonDo Association" a progressive martial arts organization with 10 schools, in Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts.

Blue Wave TKD History

Welcome!!

...where is Chazz????

5. TKDLisa

TKDLisa New Member

yes u may and you're right about that i just wasn't sure how to explain it to other's on here very well or else i just couldn't really of all the word's that i wanted to say but thank you for bringing this issue to my attention

Sincerely yours
    TKDLisa Ps. I don't know Where Chazz is?? haven't heard from him at all hardly

6. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Hmmm....where is young chadwick?

7. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I guess this continues the "welcome" thread..

I train in upstate New York (on the border of Quebec and Ontario Provinces of Canada).

The Taekwondo School I train in is a WTF school with roots back into Oh Do Kwan and ITF ways. We do the Taegook forms and the ITF forms (Chon-Ji and so on, but we have been labelling them "Ki Bon Il Jang - Pal jang (1-8)"). For dan testing we have to know the ITF forms as well as the WTF ones... however our ranking is only in WTF (Kukkiwon).

Recently we separated from our old Grandmaster (he retired from the business) and have joined the Independent Taekwondo Association (ITA), which is under the grandmaster-ship of GM Pelligrini (famous for the ICHF Hapkido). Our master is a charter member of the ICHF and we now do promotions in Hapkido and Taekwondo.

Because of our close association with the ICHF, we do lots of cross training in class above and beyond sticking to the WTF Taekwondo Curriculum. We do loads of hapkido techniques, ground grappling, and such. What I really like is that we really have a lot of sharing going on... for example as one of our black belts is ranked in Muay Thai (he goes to Thailand to study every summer), he teaches classes sometimes on MT techniques.

In my personal opinion, this is the most open and rewarding school I have ever trained at. Again, the best part is our master, who is open to new ideas and incredibly sound in his own style and technique. I have been with him since 1994, but left him for 4 years to go and live in Korea, where I studied WTF Taekwondo, International Hapkido Federation Hapkido, and Korea Guard's Martial Arts (Korean Bodyguard Style). I am happy to back at this school.

The school itself is quite small and currently we are set up at a local University as a club but by Fall should have our own dojang downtown to train in. It's not a moneymaker but the bills get covered!

8. TKDLisa

TKDLisa New Member

that's really cool

9. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Sorry but Chazz is here. I have been quite busy and havent been on the pc in months.

BTW hi lisa, nice to see you on the site. I am 20 yrs old and have been a 1st dan for many many years. I hope to be testing for 2nd soon as well

10. TKDLisa

TKDLisa New Member

Nice to meet u CHAZZ :)

Hi CHAZZ

Nice to meet u finally :) it's ok we all get busy from one time or another and i for one get that way too sometimes :) i also am a 1st dan black belt and i have been for many year's as well i was supposed to test for my 2nd dan last feb. but i re injuried my right knee it's an old injury that just came back to haunt me from many year's ago lol u see i stopped for 10 year's and then re started back about a year ago last Nov. also i was wondering how come u didn't test for your 2nd dan a long time ago if u don't mind me asking? u said that u have been a 1st dan black belt? and also right now i'm not participating in any of my classes because i re injuried 2 ligament's inside of my right knee which is my MCL=Medial Collateral Ligament and my ACL=Anterior Cruciate Ligament so right now my DR is talking about repeating my MRI exam and performing an Arthroscopy this will be the 2nd surgery that i've had done since many year's ago write back soon ok :) ps my name is lisa :)

11. Chazz

Well hey Lisa.
    Sorry to hear about the knee. I can say that i know what you mean. I have dislocated my knee twice and have to keep a heavy knee brace on any time i put pressure on it. All the Dr's tell me that i will need a total knee opperation to replace all of my knee within 10 years. So i feel your pain!

About testing. I first got my 1st dan going on 11 years ago. I started moving from state to state so i stopped TKD. Well when i thought i was in a place that i was going to stay, i started back (7 or 8 years later) Well i worked for about a year to get back into shape to be recertified as a first dan and to get back into shape. I went from 265 lbs to what i am now 220 lbs. I recertified then worked to get ready to test. Out goes the knee. I was out about 2 months but being hard headed i still went to every class and worked out on one leg doing what i could and started to learn the ideas behind teching. LOVED IT. Well i got to where i could use my legs again and stared working out again again goes the knee. Now i start using all the braces. Helps a lot. But right when i started getting back into things, im ready to test, I move to TN. Now im here, now schools around worth going to. I still can test anytime but i have to go to NY, TX, or South FL Everywhere i can test in my org is too far away and cost too much money to go there. So im here waiting for something closer. (meaning someone in an ITU school that has a rank of 3rd dan or higher)

So thats where i am now. Im an 11 year 1st dan.

12. Chazz

Oh lisa, (or anyone i guess) any time you want to chatt feel free to email me or find me on a messenger:
    MSN chazz982001@hotmail.com
    AOL ChazzTnVols