Hey there

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Svart, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Svart

Svart Valued Member

Morning,

Names Miles. First born in Australia for my family. French/German heritage. Just coming on 20 years old. Grown up in rural countryside.
    Trained Fencing for 5 years, foil, epee and rapier. Went to teams nationals and took out 3rd place.
    Did archery for 6 years, took 2 state titles in Clout. Held the titles for a year and a half before they were beaten. My father is now the President of the club where my parents live.
    Been drumming for 6 years and singing for 3. Recorded 2 EP's and an album and was two weeks off signing to Great Dane Records in France before I left the project.

I've had 3 car accidents, fallen out of 4 trees and been thrown off my bike many times doing downhill or jumping. Been pile drived by a bucking horse twice, fractured my wrist and popped out my knee. From all this I have quite severe lower back and spine problems. Have very strong nerve pain from it extending down my right arm into my wrist and down and across my lower back, over my hips.
    Just started Taekwondo under Grand Master Chun Suk Suh and look forward to advancing through the art and learning as much as I can.

These forums are spectacular and I am excited to join in on everything. I hope I can learn a lot from the knowledge and experience of people here and possibly even get advice on helping my spine.

Cheers and have a good day! :)

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Look forward to seing your posts on the TKD forum Svart, welcome to MAP :)

Are you studying a WTF or ITF form of TKD?

Mitch

3. Svart

Svart Valued Member

WTF. My aim is to eventually compete in tournaments. My good friend is a 3rd Dan where I am training. Ive looked into both ITF and WTF, WTF just seems to interest me more.

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Two questions

1. What sort of archery?

2. Who did you upset to curse you?

5. Svart

Svart Valued Member

Concentrated mainly on target and clout. Did some field. All recurve. Not a fan of compounds.

Haha Im not cursed. Growing up as a country kid you get into a lot of strife. The car accidents were just bad timing. The only one where I was driving, was late at night, raining. Most wildlife isnt on the road when its raining so I wasnt thinking about it. Long, downhill curving corner, big fat wombat sitting right in the middle. Shocked me, I swurved and lost traction, aquaplaned across the road and into a nice big tree.

6. Moi

I used to shoot target with my school, many years ago. Never tried a compound.

You seem to have enjoyed it despite the accidents, glad to hear you're not cursed. (sticky s)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  7. Svart

Svart Valued Member

I couldnt have asked for a better up bringing. When I had that crash, I kind fell out of the car after it, swore at the wombat, then started laughing that I wasnt dead. Swore at the wombat some more then called my dad and tow truck.

8. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Recurve composite is the way to go. I never saw the point of compound except for hunting.

As a vegetarian I recomend hitting any wildlife in the road. Morally neutral meat always tastes good:)

Mitch

9. Moi

How's the wombat?:)

10. Svart

Svart Valued Member

I take it youve not seen a wombat in person. You dont want to hit one in a car doing 100km/h. They are like boulders. Youll flip your car hitting one.

I little upset with being cursed at, but otherwise, fat and jolly.

11. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

Welcome to MAP. Look forward to conversing with you.