Hey I got into a fight on Sunday

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Taiji_Lou, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Hey yall,

I was attacked on sunday and I stuck to my wing chun. fight went like this:

Dude called me out, called me a "sissy" (being polite), told me to leave unless I was to suffer bodily harm.

I dove in with palm up/slap blocks. I knocked his hands down and started chain punching the back of his head. The fight got broken up. He didn't land a single punch, just grabbed my pec and kinda bruised it a little.

Don't tell me wing chun isn't effective!!!!

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

People are gonna Wing Chun bash you now.

I still think it's not the art, it's the practitioner.

3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

should have just left?

4. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi 'Taiji_Lou',

Sorry maybe I read it wrong or you left something out but it reads as if you physically assaulted someone who was rude to you???

You also say "I knocked his hands down and started chain punching the back of his head" - how come if you were able to knock his hands down - from in front of his body I assume, you then were able to punch the BACK of his head???

Irrespective of the above - Glad you are OK.

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

ppffttt... obviously not a fair fight. It didn't go to the ground even. :p

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

That was the five point exploding heart nipple tweak my friend.
    In exactly one lunar month you will die. Unless you had one big toe up and one big toe down. I really hope you did.

7. Osu,

Glad you are okay,

However, from what you say:
    - You had the chance to go and you did not.
    - You assaulted the guy and "wanted" to fight (even if he baited you)

This is not SD - fighting is illegal - you could have been in a lot of trouble.

But, hey, once again, glad you are okay & out of trouble. :)

Osu!

8. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Did you knock his guava?

9. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

He deserved it. Yeah when he figured out he couldn't land a face shot he sort of hunched over (I guess he was gonna try and get his arms around my waist) but those chain punches must hurt because he sort of froze and didn't really know what to do and then it got broken up and I just left.

I'm glad I've got wing chun training because I really could've been hurt! :Angel:

10. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Why did he deserve it?

Honestly it sounds like you were lucky.

You suckered him (not a bad thing but was it justified?) and then it got broke up, you might not get so lucky next time so don't put it all down to your ability or what you study.

Tell you what Lou why don't you tell us what happened in a bit more detail, the run up to it all?

Where were you?
    Who else was there?
    How did it escalate to a physical altercation?

Who was he?

11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I tell you what though...that kid won't jump the queue for ice-cream again.
    He's been chunned.

12. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

HOW did he "DESERVE IT"??

Basically someone said something to you that you didnt like and you pounded him. Nice job. Glad you picked up on all those higher lessons about not fighting unless its your only option, turning the other cheek and the like. Great job proliferating the stereotype that all martial artists are brawlers.

Contrary to what others have said I wish you had gotten your **** handed to you because then maybe you would have learned some humility.

13. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

This just doesn't add up, some guy out of the blue insults you and tells you to leave or he'll get violent, which you responded to by attacking him then leaving when it was broken up? Presumably you were both on your own wherever this was, though there were enough witnesses to break up your self defence on this guy? Plus the whole post reads like an advert for wing chun rather than an account of an unfortunate incident

14. Bigmikey

Sure it adds up. The guy said something the OP didnt like. So the OP beat him up. Simple. Its not like the OP TRIED to leave and this guy kept pestering him or the OP tried talking his way out of it and the other guy swung, oh no, nothing like that at all. The guy simply said something that our hero here didnt care for and the hands started flying. Which, if thats the yard stick for ****-beatings, implies that we should all go around whalloping anyone who says something we dont like and then rush to the nearest internet forum to boast about it "See what I did? Huh? I'm a tough guy!? I hurt someone! YAY!!!"

:bang::bang::bang:

15. DontMoveTilUCIt

DontMoveTilUCIt Valued Member

This frustrates me about a lot of chunners. Ive heard this story a lot of times from guys, so desperate to prove that their style works that they look for trouble.

I hate fighting. Sure you dont want to get bullied or pushed around like a punk, but there is a difference between jumping in first with a strike to defend your life etc, and basically assaulting someone who is talking a bit of trash.

I got attacked very recently by a guy in public. There was something not quite right with his mental state (he started on me with NO provocation), and struck me in the face. I clinched up with him and knew that I could tear his face off using wing chun, but decided to restrain him until the police arrived. In that instance I chose poorly because the guy was a real threat and pretty much wanted to kill me.

It sounds like in the case of Taiji Lou that he has been learning a Cobra Kai style of wing chun where it is acceptable to attack anyone who bad mouths you. Dont get me wrong, he may not have explained the situation properly, but it doesnt sound good

16. Bigmikey

EXACTLY! THANK YOU!!!

17. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I meant it's written like a fantasy account which fits with that exactly.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  18. Bigmikey

I know whatcha meant homie. I was obliquely being a smart **** to the OP :) Oh, and I LOL'd at "moralistic tag line" :D

19. DontMoveTilUCIt

DontMoveTilUCIt Valued Member

Whenever I have got into confrontations, I barely ever remember what I did, let alone be able to write a beautiful description about what techniques I used etc!!

Wing chun is a great art, ruined by people like this.

20. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I was going to reply to this thread, but my post broke the internet's snark filter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.