Hey Guys.........

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Labatt, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Labatt

Labatt New Member

Havn't been here for a long time. What's up! I havn't trained since I quit TKD. I am focusing on school and my weight training.

I think that's it, I got up to 3rd degree black belt. I still want to be a master, and I still have those dreams of being the best TKD martial artist on earth, but there's not way I can accomplish that right now.

BTW, is 3rd dan considered Subanemo( spelling? ) Some people call me and another 3rd dan that when they used to bow to us.

2. Ara

Ara New Member

Sabumnim? Yes i think so.. It may be 4th degree, but im not sure... can anyone else clarify?

3. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

I think it's Boo-Sabumnim, and Sabumnim is 4th+. Not sure though.

PL

4. tkd_princess78

tkd_princess78 New Member

Hi guys yes PL is right 3rd is Boo Sah bum nim aka junior master!! I hope to be there on of these days

5. Labatt

Labatt New Member

Ha sweet! Im a junior master. Show some respect! :)

6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Hey welcome back Labatt...

Show some respect? ;)

First of all, you say in another thread that you weight train once a week, and I know for a fact there are lots of people that are able to train in martial arts and go to school at the same time.... so I do believe there is another underlying reason as to why you quit.... and yet you want to further your training and advance (as you mentioned in that other thread)? :confused:

What good is respect if you are not training anymore in the dojang?

You may find this previous thread of interest.... Korean Ranks & Titles ... Important??

7. Labatt

Labatt New Member

Kickchick. Yes I can easily still go to school and go to "dojang" But before I left, I had a huge argument with my instructor, and the owner of the school. He promised me years ago, that after 3rd dan I would be able to go completely free, he lied, so I quit and im never gonnna train in that place again. That's why it's not possible.
    Perhaps this will make more since to you.

8. Disciple

Disciple New Member

I think Sum Bam Nim is a master title. In Korean arts, 4th Dan is usually the first Master degree.

9. Helm

Helm New Member

Hey dude :)

Ohh, sounds bad. Did your instructor give it to you anywhere in writing that you would go for free? Perhaps since then things have changed and its not feasable to give you free lessons, none the less he shouldnt have promised what he couldnt deliver...

I been out of training for nearly 6 months now. Theres no other WTF clubs in my area. Its driving me mad...

10. Labatt

Labatt New Member

Helm! Buddy, what's up??? I havn't talked to you for a long time.

6 months? Me and you both bro, I havn't gone to a club in 9 months.

Ya, my instructor and his son promised me and a few of my fellow students that us three would be going free after 3rd dan. Last we spoke, 6 months ago he said that taxes and bills were going up and he can't do that any more, that things of changed. Otherwise I would have quit after 2nd dan, when he made that promise more than once. So yes, I feel incredibly angry, and betrayed. It was almost a year ago when this first started.

Dude, your area has no clubs at all? It would be insane, if both of us could train together.

Well, I started a thread which is basicly about how you can continue to advance in TKD training by yourself, as it is what I am going to have to do now. Check it out. One things for sure bud, you know me, and Im not going to stop practicing this martial arts.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2004