Hey guys! How is it going?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by RyuNovanter, Nov 6, 2012.

1. RyuNovanter

RyuNovanter Valued Member

Ack! They should totally build a school near atlanta haha. Who are the top instructors at those schools?

2. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

The top instructor has been personally authorised to teach HNIR kenjutsu by Iwami-soke, the head of the ryu. That's as good as it gets for us non-Japanese. ;)

Totally.

3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Have I stepped into a Bill and Ted remake?

4. ScottUK

My seiho is gnarly.

5. Dean Winchester

You should wash it once in a while then. :eek:

6. RyuNovanter

Nah Im determined to get as good and high of a rank as any japanese man. Race will not be the one thing that will hold me back! Bill and ted remake?

7. ScottUK

When you starting then?

8. RyuNovanter

Hahaha I still attend college, can't leave right now. Honestly as soon as i get a good job and raise enough money, Im hauling myself outta here and finding a suitable place to live as well as a good good school to attend.

9. Dean Winchester

Best thing you can do.

Koryu can be very demanding at times.

Perhaps not in the way you might think though.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  10. ScottUK

Come back and see us when you're ready and I'll put you in touch with my friend in Minn.

11. RyuNovanter

Kk Thanks!

12. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

maybe consider some purely empty hand stuff near your college to keep you occupied in the mean time?

13. RyuNovanter

Yeah. I have done taekwondo and keeping it up at my house. I recently enrolled (is that the word) for Shinkendo, japanese sword and all. Is there a reason why purely empty handed?

14. Mangosteen

just out of consideration that learning one style then later switching to another can be hard. you build motor patterns once you start training and it can be hard to break them.

an empty hand style shouldnt have too much impact on your training if you later learn a weapons style.

colleges usually have stuff like boxing or wrestling. fun, good conditioning and useful skill learning

15. RyuNovanter

I agree. Unfortunantely my college has no student organizations or clubs. Kinda perplexing honestly, but i am trying to find partners to train with. Honestly all my martial art friends think its really weird to train with other people outside the dojo and it makes it hard.

16. Mangosteen

no wrestling team?

you're in atlanta right?
    mind telling where in particular?

17. RyuNovanter

No... not that I know of. I live in acworth, ga but i go to chattahoochee tech.

18. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

That is the most American sounding college I've ever heard. :)

19. ScottUK

Chatta means stone; ho chee, marked or flowered

20. RyuNovanter

CooL?

"That is the most American sounding college I've ever heard. "
    Hahahahaha! I know right?