Hewhos PB thread

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by hewho, Sep 7, 2017.

1. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Looked easy enough :D a bit more work and I'm sure you'll be excelling that weight regularly.

2. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Thanks :) Can't really see from the camera angle but my left knee doesn't keep tracking straight, so work to do!

3. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I find that also, one side doesn't track as well as the other.
    You curved your spine a bit towards the top, that may be compensation if you can't finish the drive from the legs then some people lean forward to use their back more.
    Still a good effort, and a nice pre Christmas PB :D

4. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Wow, I have not posted here in a while! I did pretty much no upper body work for a while after a shoulder injury, restarted earlier this year, and been slowly building back up to where I was.
    Starting a 5/3/1 programme, so tested my 1 rep maxes. Deadlift has improved to 125kg. Bench is sitting at a really grindy 70kg, squatting has dropped (booo, lazy Jack!) to 80kg with good form, Standing overhead press down to 42.5kg. Hoping to do 4 cycles of 5/3/1 and see some improvement! I'll be using Bent over row, shrugs, Romanian deadlifts, and leg curls as my add on lifts, alongside chin ups and pressups.

Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  5. hewho

hewho Valued Member

125kg Deadlift

Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  6. hewho

hewho Valued Member

New deadlift PB, 142.5kg @71kg bodyweight. Didn't feel amazing, but it's a big jump

axelb likes this.