Help!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Emil, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Arghhhhh! I seem to have deleted my cd drive off my computer. Can anybody help please??

Em

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Is it the drive or just the icon?

3. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

you... what?

edit: this is what chat is good for.

4. Emil

Emil Valued Member

I was deleting programmes from my computer and now I cannot use my cd drive as it is no longer on my computer :(

Em

5. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

That makes no sense... Did you delete the stuff rom the desktop? If so you only deleted a shortcut to the cdrom drive.

right-klick on start, then goto explore... your cd-drive should be in the left hand column a bit down.

6. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Where has it gone from? The desktop?

Is it still there if you look in My Computer?

What about if you look in Disk Manager? (Control Panel - Admin Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management)

Is it in the Device Manager List? (Control Panel - Admin Tools - Computer Management - Device Manager - under "DVD/CD ROM Drives")

Oh, and have you tried rebooting? :D

7. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

Use the search engine on your computer, but if it's possible and you deleted the CD drive from your computer permanently, you might have to install the whole windows again, which sucks so if your going to do that make sure you save whatever you need on a USB drive or something and then transfer it when you install the windows again.

8. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

try looking for drivers to your cd rom online? Is it still listed in the Device Manager?

9. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Ah. It took ages, but I finally managed to fix it lol

Em