Help with terminology

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by taekwandoqueen, May 9, 2003.

1. taekwandoqueen

taekwandoqueen New Member

I really need some help, I have my first grading (yellow tag) in 4 weeks time. I can find several lists on the web with the terminology but I am desperate to find a list of the terminology phonetically. I have a hearing impairment which means I cannot tell how the names are meant to be pronounced, if they are written down phonetically that would be great. I have searched and searched but have had no joy...would really apprecaite it if anyone knows where I can get them from.

Many thanks.:Angel:

2. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

hi there,
    u should first give us the list of words u need to know...
    well the other problem would be how do u exactly meant phonotically... mind giving example...
    for example in korean
    middle line straight punch would be - Upkaunde Jirugi
    prounounced as
    UP-Ka(Ka like in Ca r)un(Un like in P-un) de(like in they)
    Jirugi - Jee ru(roo) gi (gee)

-TkdWarrior-

3. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

4. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

KC resourcefull as ever :)
    -TkdWarrior-

5. Cain

Cain New Member

Is there ever a link you hav'nt got :eek:

|Cain|

6. taekwandoqueen

Terminology

Thanks for your reply TKDWarrior, you were spot on with what I meant by 'phonetically' you examples in your message! The words I need to know are for my first grading, we have to know the terminology for things like low blocks, middle blocks, sitting stance etc - all the basic stuff - any ideas?

7. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

:eek:its attack of the taekwando people:eek:

just kidding. I see we have a new person to the forums. You're welcome, although I'm not on much anymore, you'll see me around

8. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

The link I posted does have "terminology for things like low blocks, middle blocks, sitting stance etc - all the basic stuff" ...

Did you check it out?

Good luck to you taekwondoqueen on your first grading ... I am sure if you approach your instructor , he or she would be able to give you some sort of syllabus with terminology that your own school uses.

from the "link queen[​IMG]

9. taekwandoqueen

Thanks to KickChick

Thanks for the link - that's great!