help plz!

Discussion in 'Karate' started by 1008269, Aug 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1008269

1008269 New Member

Hi peps,

when i was 14 i started street fighting (karate mixed with kickbox...) done it for 3 years, was good and could do splits.

then i left it and now when iam 19 want to get back to it.

i got technique but i cant do splits.

can anyone plz help me on what is the fastest way to stretch to be able to do splits. i want it badly to. this will make me feel complete. plz help. is there any routines that will help me to go more flexible and faster.?

thanx alot everyone! really appreciate ur help!

2. stump

stump Supersub

Eh I know this is not what you asked but.....street fighting? Is that a style or just something you did for fun?

Check out Tom Kurz stuff...you'll find it online

3. 1008269

1008269 New Member

not it is just karate with no style.

just learning all kick and punches types, but not doing any katas of any kind. no need to break boards to get belts. my teacher used to access you in fight and tell u what level u on.

k ?

4. shadow joe

shadow joe seeker of truth

hmmm, the easiest and only way I know of is to stretch everyday, just go slow and don't go so far that there is pain but so that there is continual activity.

curious though? how will doing the splits make you feel complete?

i wish that was all i needed,
    peace

5. ketong71

ketong71 Valued Member

Greetings!

I agree with Shadow Joe. Stretch slowly and do it everyday. When you do stretch, hold it for a 20 to 30 seconds before getting out. Relax as much as possible. Exhale as you go lower and don't bounce.

Stretching and flexibility are important, but full splits are not necessary, especially for real fights. Since your school teaches street fighting, then they should tell you that high kicks are not practical in a real fight. Great for competition, but not in the alley. They should emphasize on low, swift and accurate kicks not higher than the navel area, IMHO.

Good luck in your stretching.

Regards,

Ketong71

6. 1008269

1008269 New Member

thanx peps, for replying.

i know what u mean about high kicks, i am lover of low kicks my self.

but what i ment is that i will be able to do everything when i can do splits. i know it is more fun to slam some one in knee cap or thigh, but i want to be able to do some flying, jumping spining kick to high places.

i know in real fight with my oponent i would ruther go for his leg, (single kick will put him out) but i want to do splits just purely for my self satusfuction.

thanx again, appreciate it!

7. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

'street fighting'- don't be offended by this, but have you been watching too many movies, featuring Jean Claude van Dam?

8. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

You posted this question more than once....

Please refrain from double posting in the future ;)

You'll find answers in this thread need argent help plz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.