Help me to find out about my GM

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by littlemonster, Jul 8, 2004.

1. littlemonster

littlemonster New Member

Name is Sung Mok Ko and I'm having hard time finding anything about him.Can u guys and girls help me out here?

2. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Big Welcome to MAP.

Mr Sung Mok Ko does seem rather elusive. :(

Last edited: Jul 8, 2004
  4. littlemonster

littlemonster New Member

thanks for efforts and welcome,bros

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Thats a tough one, especially with Korean GM's. Different name interpretations, different order of names. Here my GM is Jun Kim Lee, in Korea he is known as Kim Jun Lee. So it can be difficult.

6. Dan Hammack

Dan Hammack New Member

hey littlemonster ,
    dont know if you found info on Sunk Mok Ko yet , but I can tell you he is the best of the best . I was one of his students in 69-70 in Chicago . He taught the Navy hand to hand at the Great Lakes Naval base , won the Korean Olympics , and has recieved many awards from past US Presidents. I was always amazed at how long he could stay in the air , while throwing 7 or 8 kicks . Let me know if you want to know more .
    Dan

7. littlemonster

littlemonster New Member

Good stuff,man.I'm still training under this Master and it's going pretty well.Got my orange belt already and getting ready for AMA competition in Chicago.He is a great Master.Thanks for your replay.

8. nbastedo

nbastedo New Member

Could your Grand master possibly be Yun Sam Ko? I myself have been doing a bit of research on Grand Master Sung Mok Ko and been unable to come up with anything under that name. However, this site has a few pics of Yun Sam Ko. Perhaps you could confirm? http://www.grandmasterko.com/about/

9. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

The original poster has not been on this forum since 2007. I would not expect a response.

10. miles

miles Valued Member

GM Sung Mok Ko was one of the masters listed in the advertisement in Taekwondo Times for the World Martial Arts Association. The organization was headed by GM Sang Kyu Shim who was an editor of the magazine at the time. Could GM Ko have a Moo Duk Kwan background?