Help me out, routine with no weights or lower body

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Freeform, May 31, 2007.

1. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Hey guys,

Turns out I've probably torn my meniscus, so I can't do any lower body work. Also some core work agrivates my knee, but I've found that by isolating my legs by either putting them on a swiss ball or bench I can work my core.

I can't really use weights as I'm on crutches and can't carry them over to the benches. Also, I have a deep rooted hatred/fear of most nautilus machines ;)

My brain seems to have stalled and I need some advice to spice up my current routine of upper and core bodyweight exersices beyond variations of push ups, pulls/chins and dips?

Cheers in advance.

2. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Have you considered resistance bands? I've used 'em twice now for rehab purposes, and they're pretty vers... If you can stabilize your body you should be able to use them provided you can find a place to attach them ;) I know they're relatively light, but if you refuse to do machines, and can't use free weights due to balance issues, well, they're better than nothing and provide a lot more options than pushups, crunches, and chinups...

3. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Sorry to hear that mate, hope it gets better soon. I left a core injury untreated for years and when I started to get fitter again I had unbelievable problems with my hip because the muscles were unbalanced. (It was a torn rectus abdominus sheath)

4. Cuchulain82

Cuchulain82 Custodia Legis

Well... can you do any sort of lower body stuff at all? I don't mean to be an ass and I did ready your post- what about straight legged deadlifts? That keeps the knee stable. Maybe in a few weeks...?

5. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I'm using crutches just to walk ;) I won't be able to straighten the leg either and because of the tear it is just unstable.

Thanks for the advice so far, I'd forgotten about resistance bands! :)

6. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

yay, my pt/nutrition certificate is good for something ;)