Help me find new hypertrophy program

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by JKD_forever, Oct 2, 2005.

1. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone suggest 4 or 5 days a week hypertrophy program that rocks?
    :cool:

2. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

3. JKD_forever

Can some1 else comment on the HST program? Is volume good?

4. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

5. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

I've heard Waterbury's Quattro Dynamo program produces good results, but you can only use it for about 3 weeks and need to eat massive amounts of food to avoid overtraining (you workout 4 times a week on this program). Really, any of Waterburys programs like Total Body Training, ABBH, QD, or Art of Waterbury should pack on the pounds. Staley's EDT will help put on some beef too, and I personally like it the best because of its simplicity. Forgot what HST is exactly, but for me it's too complicated and too much mumbo jumbo, but you may find it suits your needs. :)

6. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

Quattro dynamo is more of a strength focused program. ABBH, TBT and AoW are all great though.

7. GhostOfYourMind

Eat enough and you'll gain mass on a strength program.

8. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

No one said you wouldnt, that wasnt the point i was trying to get through. JKD seemed to be looking specifically for a hypertrophy program, Quattro dynamo not being the best for that purpose. If he had asked chad the same question, i promise you the same answer would have been given; ABBH

9. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

I thought I was going to die on the third week of doing the Quatro-dynamo program; it beat me into the ground. I, however, don't think my work capacity was high enough for the program.

http://www.readthecore.com/200502/reynolds-dual-factor-training-02.htm

^^Check this one out.

Now, I have a question...I've written you out a couple programs, have you tried any of them and if so, did they work?

10. JKD_forever

Actually yes, i tried 4days /week thing you gave me couple of months ago,
    i don't think i tried any new stuff. I injured my left ankle so i couldn't do leg exercises.

Ok, this is what i dont understand, HST program and thing you gave me samurai - they are totally different phylosophies. In former it's OK to do 2 sets and 10 reps (which is 20<24) and in the latter you do double. But in the 1st one you stimulate one muscle group 3 times a week. So how do you know what prog is in fact better?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2005
  11. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Well, the HST looks very boring, so that in itself could be one factor in how well you respond to the program-if you don't like it, it won't work for you. If one looks more inticing than the other, go for it.

I like the constant revolving of intensities and various choices for supplemental work of the Dual Factor program. Some coaches say the body adapts to reps the quickest and some say it's the exercise; the DF program changes enough to keep both sides happy (and by the way, the best way is usually somewhere in the middle of polar extremes).

I know I haven't hit your question yet-
    The HST gives you more frequency of muscle group but the DF gives you more over all volume and intensity and I think this is key to muscle growth. The 5X5 (Bill Starr) method is one program I can think of that has frequency, decent volume, and great intensity and puts it together pretty nicely. Some trainees struggle with it at first but the body is wonderful at adapting. So, I'd go with the DFP because it has intensity, volume, and just enough frequency. ;)

12. GhostOfYourMind

I see your point. In that case, ABBH definitely. :D