help! dazelle in distress!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cavallin, Aug 23, 2008.

1. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

2. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

Back up any important data and reformat, only way to be sure and a lot less bother in the long run.

3. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

ok well i put AVG scan on then went out, and came back and everything had dissapeared, and antivirus xp seems to have vanished so lets hope it's all good now,
    thanks to everyone who helped :)

4. Spinal

Spinal Valued Member

No problem, if you have any other IT related issues just shout ;)

5. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

thanks

the files have disapeared from where they were (local disk.windows/system32) but still appear in the processes list in task manager. unless im getting the name wrong of course??

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

google up and download a program called process explorer. it gives you a lot more information about processes than the task manager, and in most cases it even tells you which company the software is made by. i use it every so often and have found it to be extremely helpful.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

8. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

hello! since the virus, my computer is running R-E-A-L-L-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y it's really annoying. if it got rid of my virus why is it running slowly :(

9. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Quoted for truth. Best way.

Download a free version of Knoppix (or something similar), burn it to disc then boot your computer using that. From here just put all your files on a removable drive and format your computer.