help! dazelle in distress!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cavallin, Aug 23, 2008.

1. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

omg i shouldn't even beonthe internet, so ok, m anti virus software ran out and i didn't even notice!!!

now windows XP won't leave me alone and has found 781viruses!!!which LOTS are critical!

i downloaded AntiVir for free and scanned it and it foun about 20 viruses but nowhere near what XP says.

plus it won't recommend that i go on internet and please someone help
    ps: XP wants me to pay £50 to solve the problem!

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

These do a free months trial

http://www.kaspersky.com/

Make sure it's not the virus itself that is telling you about all the other and even supplying a bogus link for you to buy special anti-virus software.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  3. Spinal

Spinal Valued Member

AVG is free and one of the best anti-virus softwares around...
    http://free.avg.com/

Beats Symantec/McAfee hands down!

4. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

5. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

Go with the AVG.

6. Moi

I thought that had become a much more chopped down version?

7. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Did your PC give you a free scan when you were on the internet?

8. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

my boyfriends just said antivirus xp 2008 dwnloaded on its own so i will delete it frm programs and then do yohan's thing!
    is it likely that my bank details wil be jeopardised?

9. Spinal

Spinal Valued Member

I believe that Antivirus XP 2008 is a trojan. You will need a proper antivirus to uninstall it...

10. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

how do i do that :(

11. Spinal

Spinal Valued Member

If you can get to a clean PC, get online and download AVG (or pop by a store and buy an anti-virus, I would recomend Eset's NOD32). AVG has a free version, which, while a cut-down version of their internet suite, will protect you from just about any virus. The free version wont have a firewall, anti-spam and all the extra features... but it has an amazing antivirus...

The problem with going to an online-antivirus site like Yohan suggested, is that a trojan programmer with any sense will make the program edit your host file, thus redirecting your browser to any link they want. (So you type www.norton.com, and you end up in some random chinese/russian host downloading yet another virus)

Regarding your bank details; it depends on your level of paranoia. I would keep an eye out to see if it anything strange goes on, and at worst call my bank up and ask for my pin/passwords to be re-assigned.

From another site:
    I've posted several links to manual instructions on how to remove this nasty bit of software:
    http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-antivirus-xp.html
    http://www.windowsvistaplace.com/xp...nstructions-xp-antivirus-2008/spyware-removal

For the reason listed above (Redirection) I've posted several links... just in case the software doesn't let you get to one...

M.

12. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Avast is better than AVG IMO, also free but less resources used and faster.

13. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

well i've downloaded spyware doctor with no problems, thank you. it's now doing a scan!

14. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

hello, now spyware doctor wants me to register or purchase online to get rid of the viruses!!? help :( i thougt it was free?

15. Moi

Try the link I gave you. 100% full working product free for a month, adware, spyware, viruses it does the lot without clogging up your machine. Should sort your putor out.

16. Brat

Brat Return of the Brat!!!

I personally prefer Avast! Antivirus over AVG. Avast doesn't slow down my comp, as where AVG is noticably and annoying harsh on my computer's speed.

17. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

hello again.

i instaled kapesky, which uninstalled all my anti virus stuff i already had, and now it wants to update itself and it's taking FOREVER!! and thats not even scanning it yet, im gona be up all night, i want to cry!

18. Spinal

Spinal Valued Member

We're all here to support you morally :p Otherwise you could do what I do and go for a quick job around the block... nothing like a midnight jog to clear your mind!

19. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

update:

kaspersky found the file so to speak but couldn't "find it" to delete it!!! so it's still there the mofo!!
    at least i know what the file is but like there's any chance of me finding it.
    my computer is running a lot better though but still xp 08 bstard is still there.
    also kaspersky is saying all is cool even though there is supposedly 18 very dangerous active threats :S
    well im going to sleep and if you have any more ideas keep em coming!!
    i will kill it mwahahahahah

20. Moi

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008