Help creating an affordable shopping list.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Zerodauto, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Zerodauto

Zerodauto Valued Member

Well an affordable healthy shopping list. Lets say I have 50-100$ to spend on food every week or two weeks. What healthy foods would you recommend I buy? Now I box and practice TKD so the foods should be foods that help fighters. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also it might help to know I live in Pennsylvania, US.

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Have you got access to a freezer?

Mitch

3. Zerodauto

Zerodauto Valued Member

4. Peanuts!
    Humans can survive on peanuts for months with minimum side effects. :D

50 to 100$ every one or two weeks... that is a very wide variation... (3.50 to 15$ per day!!!)

Osu!

5. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

buy zero processed foods. lots of veggies and fruit, small amounts of meat and dairy. you should easily get under your goal then.

6. TheSource1969

TheSource1969 Valued Member

You can buy brown rice at the asian food store. If you're into organic there's usually where you can buy a box of fruits and vegetables at a cheap price. If you do eat bread time to time you might want to look into sprouted bread.
    Try not to buy processed foods including frozen they lack the nutrients. Even process organic food is not good as fresh made food.

Eat less meat you don't really need protein to grow muscles you need amino acids. Beans, nuts, seeds, etc gives you better value.