Hello

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by antighsiothail, Sep 9, 2017.

1. antighsiothail

antighsiothail New Member

Just an update on an old thread. I started training with the guy who's email was passed to me #7, we started in October '17. Been at it about 10 months when a couple who had been watching asked if they and their kids could join. So now have 3 adults and 3 children. Training yesterday a guy who had been doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu on the mats before us asked what we were doing and asked if he could join in. After the session said he'd enjoyed it as it was totally different to anything he'd done before and asked when we get together as he wanted to come along again.
    So gone from thinking that was it end of, in nearly 18 months to having a class of 6 and a potential seventh.
    Had to get the DBS, insurance and join an association.

Dead_pool and Monkey_Magic like this.
  2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

That's brilliant, I hope your group goes from strength to strength!

antighsiothail likes this.
  3. Antony France

Antony France New Member

Hi I trained with mick and Steve Costello for a while, learning Korean Kempo and receiving brutal training from sensei Phil Milner too. Unfortunately mick passed away many years ago suffering from liver sclerosis. I well remember his record attempt at the temple dojo on Seymour road in Bolton.

4. antighsiothail

antighsiothail New Member

Wow blast from the past! Mick's training was pretty brutal anyway. I remember once he was doing a roundhouse punch to the head and he said to me block it or you will get hit, I blocked it ok but he put so much power into the punch that he actually knocked me over. Sad to hear of his passing he was something of a character. When did you train there, I remember in the summer training outside in the car park. I still remember a lot of the techniques he taught, in fact when I'm feeling a bit more limber I do practise the moves in the garage. What was his 'record' attempt? I had pretty much given up on finding out what happened to him. Regards.