Hello, leave a response, thanks

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by DamianL, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamianL

DamianL New Member

I'm tired of this ... I nolonger care what you think in regards to this.

I will just put up a foto, and leave it at that.

as for being stupid lifting up that guy,,, it depends,,and thats a secret.
    anyway you can think whatever you want. I thought I would get some advice,,something I could agree on, but so far just alot of winging,,so I quit this conversation.

if you got something REAL to say,,instead of general...remarks like get to a gym....then I'm listening.

you talk about telegraphing,,well how do you stop that,,you going to say or not?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2005
  2. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

I know. We need to move this to the General Discussion forum so we can at least get credit for the posts...

3. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Yes they may have got someone in with Caporeira experience so that they could motion capture his moves but that doesn't mean a video game is a bloody training aid!! Good God!!! :bang: Please tell me you're having a laugh with this and not being serious??

Yes it does depend on what you've learned from and so far from the sound of it you haven't studied using anything close to a credible source!!!

4. scorpiousmac

scorpiousmac Valued Member

Credit for what? I ain't buying into this rubbish :bang: :bang:

5. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Where about are you based DamianL??

6. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Yes, but I'm a confirmed post-whore, how else do you think I managed 3200 posts in 5 months?!? "Intro and Bios" posts don't count toward our post count. If I'm going to humor the troll just for giggles, may as well get more posts to my name!

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Mate, you said you wanted advice and basically disagreed/defensive against all comments.

Did you just want compliments? Oh what nice abs you got? Oh you were so fast...

Hell no. You asked to be critisised and thats what you got. And citing video games as your source is not very helpful. Its like saying you lost your virginity because you watched Emmanuelle in Space (and thats more credible than a video game :| ).

If you believe you can go and learn every art there is that exists...then my friend. Go forth. Your money, your life, your time......we just warning you of the dangers.

And to shut us all up about the speed of your punches.

Go to Guiness World Records and break that record. You already have it on video on the web, might as well make it official and shut all us idiots up.

8. creswell

creswell New Member

9. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

DamianL,

Unfortuately I can't view your vid.

Tho' from what I am reading, I assumed you were about 12; until I read your profile!!!

You want to learn MA - great, get to a class, if you put half the effort in to ma as you have in to posting all that bumff about how great you are, you'll go a long way!!! :D

10. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

Hello to all the newbies in here lol.

To answer the question :Angel: without being told off by the mods lol.

I have quite a few gifts which I can't mention on here lol.
    you will have to speak to me in either the chatroom or msn lol.

lisa xx :D

11. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

DamianL,

If you want to stop telegraphing, it isn't easy. Try watching yourself in a mirror. Or have someone hold up a pad for you to hit, and when they think your going to hit they move the pad; the less they move the pad the better you are getting. :)

12. DamianL

DamianL New Member

no,,I just wanted some advice,,i was curious,,you said, that,,,I'm not punching right,,but, there was no advice I could use after that,,basically thats all you said,, anyway how do you post in the gallery?
    coz I may as well put up a pic, I don't know whaere the upload button is.

I'm not 12,,thats me in the avatar,,and no I don't want comments on my build

the link has been removed,,thats ok, and world records?? I said I wasn't showing off. what would that do for me?

any critisicsm is welcome..just give a real reason,,like telegraphed ok, thats a real reason,,but say more about it! how do I avoid being telegraphical? what can I do?.

saying it's just a flurry isn't a real reason, so I don't respect that.

thank you!!! thats the kind of thing I was wanting to know,,thats good advice!

13. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

you have to have 50 posts to have a gallery i think.

i know you weren't trying to show off, but if you post something saying you are gifted, etc...thats how people will take it.
    you are viewed as a new member, so nobody knows you yet, and it's important to give a good first impression. read your first post and imagin someone else wrote it.

and not that you would know, but it's not really customary to post like that in the intros n bios, why dont you look at the other people's threads, see how they introduced themselves.

also, you may want to keep your cards closer to your chest. ie: wait till people get to know you before you reveal you "skills" etc.

saying "i can punch really fast and im gifted" even if it's true, it still *looks* like showing off.
    also, why do you use lots of commas in a row,,, like this,,,it can be quite,,,you know,,,annoying for people who read it

so here's some constructive advice if you would like people to take you seriously.
    hope it helps

14. DamianL

DamianL New Member

coz, I'm writing as I think,,,the coma's are while I'm thinking,,,besides, I never thought people are so,,, that they would worry what someone says,,,to mem I just showed a video, and that would have been the end of it.

coz someone asked to see it to prove what I say.

50 posts,,well I don't know if I care to do that, but now I know ,thanks.

15. scaythe

scaythe Valued Member

Actually, from what I've read, you were pretty much given the best advice possible imho - go find a class somewhere to train in. Nothing you'll ever attempt by yourself, especially if you insist on trying to pick things up from motion captures of (most likely exaggerated for display purposes) techniques in games, will come anywhere near close to the kind of things a good teacher can show you.

I think people have already made some comments giving you advice on that one. Gemtkd certainly did in the post preceding yours, but I'm guessing you didn't manage to read that one.

16. fugepilot

fugepilot New Member

Dear DamianL, welcome to MAP. :)
    Just got my leg in plaster, this thread has been great laugh-therapy, so far. :D
    You have been given exellent advice, particularly by KenpoDavid r.f. humble pie. More advice below. :Angel:

17. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Ok, I had my bit of flaming earlier, so time for some advice (I know, a shock for me to give advice), and it will be a repeat:

Get yourself to a gym or MA club
    Learn to punch correctly with a professional coach or someone holding a high grade in a martial art.

Put down the joypad
    Saying that someone from a computer game is one of the greatest is only going to get you flamed, as you have already seen. Games designers and coders are limited only by technology and their imaginations, and its getting to the stage where technology can run anything coders throw at them. They are not limited to the body's limits as martial arts are. (if anyone wants to make a comment about ki/chi balls, put it here)

Read the stickies
    You asked for criticism, which you have got (not helped along by the claims). I suggest you read this thread from General Discussion on posting claims and videos (hmmmm, could do with something like that here).

You asked earlier about the Gallery. You must have 50 posts and be a member for 2 weeks before you can post pictures there (as well as use the Arcade).

*Sits waiting for more flames - got the fire extinguisher ready :D*

18. DamianL

DamianL New Member

http://x700.putfile.com/videos/a4-25207352963.avi

I counted it,,it's alot more than 3 a second,,I think,,that coz the fists crossed over,,the person who counted couldn't see properly and mistaked my left fist, for my right fist coming back.

I counted,,and I guess it is around 6 a second,,thats ok,,I can do better,

if it doesn't work,copy it into your browser

if 7 is a world record,,I can live with 6, for now,,

I could do faster,,or for longer,,but for example,,the limit is only 10 MB,,and I was tired that day,,I'd been exercising most of the day.

so,thats all, for those who didn't see.
    oh, and it isn't flailing,,it was like that coz I wanted to work off my hips.
    thats where the speed is coming from.

19. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Hey being American I can't tell for sure but is Damien what you all call a "chav"??

20. fugepilot

fugepilot New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.