Hello Intro

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by AJS-TKD, Apr 27, 2014.

1. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

Haha Yes I was surprised myslef Travess :rolleyes: thanks for the welcome :)

2. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Hey mate,

What UKTC club do you train at? I am also UKTC.

Baza

3. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

Hi Baza,

Good to know, I sent you an email :) Its the Lanarkshire area I am in. Seriously considering moving up to the next level of membership to allow me to attend other classes, what do you think have you taken up this offer and is it worth it ?

I would probably need to get my fitness levels up first though, lets just say sitting at a computer for years has not done me any favors :whistle:

4. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Welcome to MAP

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

There are different levels of membership? How does that work?

Mitch

6. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

Hi Mitch, well its not really a different level of membership as such, more a chance to attend all the classes rather than just the one a week that I currently attend. So if i move to the next level so to speak I can attend any classes as much as I want in any UKTC area.

7. mjl

mjl ITF Taekwon-Do (1st Dan)

Hey there. I'm another one who felt frustrated standing by, watching my 6 year old son enjoying himself learning TKD in the Cubs programme :) I lasted 3 months before I joined in January. I'm 42 and the hardest part of being older is walking through the door past the parents for the first time. So being 31 is no age at all :)

Have fun !

8. mjl

mjl ITF Taekwon-Do (1st Dan)

I don't know how your sessions are arranged but my advice (I'm a newbie though) but go to as many sessions as you can.

Nothing can make you fitter, teach you sparring, pad work, prepare you for gradings, competitions, and stretching like going to the sessions.

Our TKD academy runs a weekly dedicated patterns session night too, which are essential to attend for grading/competition work.

9. Rhythmkiller

Hey mate,

I am also in the Lanarkshire area. I go two to three times a week at Dalziel, Braidhurst and Viewpark. I am on the top membership already, means i don't pay any fees to grade, get new suits or attend seminars. You should definately get into the unlimited training. our guys just came back from the euros with a good medal hall.

Be prepared to spar a lot!

Baza

10. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

Hey, I know what you mean about walking past the parents for the first time, I kind of felt out of place, but I am fortunate there is a load of adults in my class so makes it easier, although when you see a 12 year old kicking higher than you and physically fitter it does get a bit annoying haha :cry:

I definitely agree that I will need to start attending more than once a week, initially i started the once a week training just to see if I liked it and if the fitness levels could handle it, pleased to say they can so far so it can only get better :)

11. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

Hi Bazza, Dalziel eh :eek:, that's my old High School been a while since iv been in there haha. It is the Larkhall one I have started attending once a week though I believe they are all over Lanarkshire so it would be good to attend some different classes with the same instructor.

Are you going to the UKTC Taekwon-Do Champions League Competition in Wishaw Sports Centre on the 11th of May ?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  12. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

Thanks for the welcome 47MartialMan :)

13. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

welcome to map

14. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

Thanks for the welcome Giovanni :)

15. Rhythmkiller

Yeah mate i'll be competing. It'll be my first competition. It's yellow belt to blue tag 1-3 and then blue belt to black 4-7. I spar with balck belt and above regularly so hoping to do well.

Baza

16. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

That's good Bazza, I am going to spectate. Should be a good day from what im hearing :)