Hello Intro

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by AJS-TKD, Apr 27, 2014.

1. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

Hi all,

New to the forums here, my son (aged 4) started the Little Tiger Cubs program with UKTC in our area and loved it so much that I decided to give it a go myself. Two weeks into studying Taekwon-Do and I can honestly say I am really enjoying it. Was a bit apprehensive about starting at my age (31) but have been made feel most welcomed in my 2 weeks of attendance so far.

Hope to be around in here for a while and speak to you all regular. :D :kick:

Maybe someone could help me, how to you add a signature to your messages ? I was unable to find anything in my profile settings ?

AJS-TKD

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

You'll need a few posts under your belt before you can get a custom avatar. I believe it's 20, so if you join in around the place you'll soon get enough.

If you get to 20 and there isn't a change then let me know and I'll set it for you.

3. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

Thanks for the advice Simon :happy: I will keep an eye on it.

AJS-TKD

4. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Welcome to MAP! :)

5. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

Thanks Frodocious

AJS-TKD

6. Simon

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but you'll need a minimum post count before you can add a signature.

7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome aboard :)

Mitch

8. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Welcome aboard,

I personally can't wait to take my son to classes (he is three). He already enjoys playing on the pads and playfighting with Dad so hoping he takes to it...

Cheers

Dan

9. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

Thanks Simon your original post was very clear :) Im sure it will not take me long to reach 20 posts

AJS-TKD

10. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

Thanks Mitch :)

11. Simon

Sorry to be picky, but this bit AJS-TKD[/B, should only be added as a signature once your post count allows it.

You'll see that there is a link below my signature to the regular meeting we have once a year.

You'll be able to do a subtle link like this at the same time you do your avatar (should you so wish).

12. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

Dan93, best thing I ever did was to start my son in TKD, he loves it, we have tried him in so many other sports and he never seems to settle. He is a bit like his dad not really in to football more of a golfer :)

But we are both enjoying TaeKwon-Do so far, even if he does put me to shame in terms of fitness ;)

AJS-TKD

13. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

No problem Simon thanks for the advice, its best to start off on the right foot :)

14. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Call me Dan.

Thanks he most likely will try Kyokushin first, keen to get him into Judo as well when he is older as he loves me throwing him around :) And one day he can return the favour.....

15. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

Welcome to the MAP! Glad you are enjoying TKD!

16. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Really surprised that they allowed a 31 year old to join the "Little Tiger Cubs", but I am glad that you are enjoying it all the same! :jester:

Welcome to MAP AJS

Regards

Travess

17. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Welcome man :)

18. Heraclius

Heraclius BASILEVS Supporter

Welcome to MAP!

19. fatcat

fatcat Valued Member

Welcome,
    I started even later at about 44 ish. I go with all the family i.e. wife and two teenage kids. We have a riot. Not many places where you can get this level of interactive family therapy.

Great fun. Let us know how you get on.

20. AJS-TKD

AJS-TKD Valued Member

Thanks to everyone for the welcome messages :) I will be sure to keep you all updated on my progress :kick: