Hello Im New Here

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Jabby Mcgee, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Jabby Mcgee

Jabby Mcgee Valued Member

Hi there. I've been lurking here for quite a while now, and it seems like you guys have a real good forum going on here.

I'm originally from Wrexham in North Wales but am currently living in Derby where I am studying at university. I have been training for a few years now in various things, mainly JKD, Muay Thai, and boxing. I have been thai boxing for about 5 years, although am not training it at the moment due to an injury I sustained last year. I am however currently studying boxing under Neville Brown in One Nation, Derby, and have to say it is probably the best club I have ever been to. I have my first boxing match next month, so am currently training hard in preparation.

I'm looking forward to getting involved with this forum.

2. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi 'Jabby',

Welcome to MAP.

I'm based up in Buxton and completed a degree as a mature student at the campus here last year. One of my classmates was a local ABA boxing coach - awesome martial artist ;)

Good luck with your match next month. Remember Work Rate, Work Rate, Work Rate :) :) :)

3. rivend

rivend Valued Member

Welcome to the forum good to have you here

4. Jabby Mcgee

Thanks guys.

Robert - nice to know there are some local guys around here. I'm assuming you studied at the Buxton campus?

5. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi 'Jabby'

Yes the Buxton campus from 2007 to 2010.

6. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Nice name! Who'd you train with in Wrexham?

Good luck next month by the way

7. Jabby Mcgee

I trained with Ian Stewart in Thai Boxing, and for a short time with Steve Goodwin in boxing. Also trained with Carl lewis in JKD a good few years ago.

Oh and thanks for the good wishes :cool: