Hello, I'm new here...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by MerKaBa, Dec 2, 2004.

1. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

I just thought I'd introduce myself. This seems like a nice forum, and since it's a martial arts forum I thought I'd post the fighting styles I've done while I'm here.

Genbukan Ninpo- about 2 months... still very new.

Boxing- On and off since I was a little kid. (I just restarted last February after a break that was about 2 years long)

Wrestling- A few years in school, but I did take some Freestyle lessons outside of school for a little while when I was 11 or 12.

Shaolin Kempo- Approx. 3 years (This was my first Martial Art)

Shaolin Kung Fu- ... Not that much, though a friend of mine still teaches me some whenever we're hanging out.

Capoeira- Not sure of the amount of time... I just learn this on the side from time to time. A friend of mine helps me with this also. I'm determined to get down the Regional/Senzala basics on my own.

Anyway, I haven't been active in Martial Arts... or active at all for that matter for the last 4 years or so. I just got back into boxing last winter and spent the whole year searching and researching for an art I could stick with for the rest of my life, and I found Ninpo. I'm just starting to practice some of the other styles I've tried out again, but it's very frustrating since I didn't really keep up on my stretching or acrobatic skills. Anyway, it's great to be here.

2. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Howdy! :) Nice to meet you!

3. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Welcome to MAP!! Make yourself at home, but don't sit on the hampster! ;):D

4. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

welcome to the forum :) we're glad you joined us :)

5. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

Thanx, hope to see you all on the forums in the future ;)

6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Alreet Mike, welcome to the MAP madhouse :D

7. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Welcome to the mad MAP House.

Do enjoy your stay. :D

8. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Hello and welcome to MAP