Hello, I would like to introduce myself please.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by 23197, Sep 13, 2010.

1. 23197

23197 Valued Member

Ayn yah shimnika- along with a bow for respect to my fellow practitioners.
    My name is Joe and I am a 1st dan in Tang Soo Do. I live and train in New Jersey USA (south jersey).
    Our dojang is located in Vineland NJ and we are a part of the IMA. (International Martial Arts Association).

This site was a great find for me and I have been browsing the forums while waiting for my activation to be finalized.

I earned and was awarded my 1st dan in June 2010 over in lovely Dublin Ireland at our 6th IMA world championships. Deep bow to my EU brothers/sisters. What awesome fighters and competitors over there -Man!

I am a re-tread if you will, having trained TSD in the late 80’s and reaching 3rd gup before a bad car wreck almost took me out for good. I was told I would never be able to train again but go figure-I need not explain my response.

Life took twists and turns but I persevered and after relocating to where I currently live I found another TSD school with the same lineage as my first dojang. My TSD experience is 6+ years of formal training but while out of the dojang, I self trained at home.

I have always had an open mind regarding the martial arts and look forward to sharing and learning from all of you.

Thank you for taking the time to read my long post. (Bows again)

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Welcome to MAP Joe! I love the dog in your avatar - is it yours?

3. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Welcome to MAP

regards koyo

4. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

Welcome! While no where near as grave as your injuries I too had doctors tell me I might as well hang it up. I have a feeling my response was similiar to yours, lol.

I'm not perfect, I still struggle but at least I'm there struggling as opposed to sitting on the couch slowly becoming a part of it. Props for not giving up or giving in.

5. 23197

23197 Valued Member

Yes Frodocious, that is my boy Spartacus. He is 7 years young.

6. 23197

23197 Valued Member

Thanx Big Mikey- Perseverance! There is always one more-push it out!

7. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

He's gorgeous! I'm very jealous!

8. Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith Tustom Cuser Uitle

Welcome to MAP, Joe! Your avatar owns! :cool:

9. rivend

rivend Valued Member

Welcome to MAP enjoy your stay.

10. ArthurKing

ArthurKing Valued Member

Failte/Welcome/Croeso i MAP

11. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Welcome on board for the ride :)

12. 23197

23197 Valued Member

Chimaneyo for the welcomes

Spartacus & I are sure we'll enjoy our stay here at MAP. He throws a mean right front paw hook against the round kick. :fight1:

13. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Welcome to MAP :)

14. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome aboard :)

Mitch