Hello,have question

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by victim_no_more, Feb 21, 2007.

1. victim_no_more

victim_no_more Valued Member

I apologize in advance if this question is too forward. Six months ago I was a victim of a date rape. This guy(jerk) mentioned being into brazilian juditsu(sp) and I think he used one of those moves on me. I'd like to know the name of it, and how to break free from it if all possible. I will try to describe it as best as i can. He pinned me with his hands, then he used both of his feet to force my feet(ankles) out. His feet were side facing.

Just in case anyone is wondering. I did NOT give him mixed signals, I told him no, and stop over and over again. Unfortunately the few bad apples that lie about this has ruined it for the rest of us, which is why I haven't told anybody yet.

Thanks for your help. I want to learn as much as I can and I'm looking into taking some MA classes, just don't know which one yet.

2. victim_no_more

Ps I want to make clear that I do not think that this is the norm amongst the majority who play this sport. Please don't get the wrong idea! This is just something that has been gnawing at me and I need to know. Again the emphasis was on his feet.

3. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Sorry this happened to you and good on you for wanting to take up a MA to protect yourself in the future. But I think you should speak to someone even if it is only contacting Rape Crisis or another organisation like http://www.hiddenhurt.co.uk/Resources/helplines.htm as the longer you leave it the longer he will have a power over you.

Be Safe.

4. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

I second this, but I would also suggest perhaps trying some BJJ classes yourself, the best way to defend against a specific skill set is to train it yourself and learn the ins/outs of it.

5. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Victim_no_more,

I don't know anything about BJJ, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. But I'd just like to say that I'm very sorry to hear about what was done to you.

6. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

VNM - Sorry to hear about what happened to you. I'm sure you'd find that the police take you a lot more seriously than you expect. Rape is a terrible crime and I'm sure every copper would be happy to take some violent scumbag off the streets.

7. victim_no_more

Thanks, but does anyone know what that move is called and how to get out of it?

8. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

I'd have to see it to know for sure, but it sounds like he just used leverage against you, the best way to avoid that is not let him in your guard, out muscle or reposition your vantage point to maintain control.

9. adouglasmhor

I second this, I don't think any BJJ teacher would show a student how to rape someone. and I can't see how much use the technique you described would be in the ring or on the mats.

Go to a class if you need to learn more I can't teach you over the net. And anyone who says they can is aa damm poor liar.

10. Leppi

Leppi New Member

I am terribly sorry that that happened to you. Like others said, tell the cops, get a conviction. You have already taken the first, and some say the hardest, step by refusing to be a victim (If I understand you nick correctly). As for self-defense, its a great thing to get into for confidence and ability. Just make sure they teach practical responses to all situations. Personally, I subscribe to the "fight like a psycho" strategy.

11. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I would also like to include my condolences for what happened, and second the other peoples sentiments on contacting the authorities and even some type of support group. I doubt that the guy directly used brazilian jiu-jutsu to do what he did. However, learning a little bit wouldn't hurt if you wanted to learn how to defend yourself from that kind of thing.

12. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Yeh my sympathy too. I hope you can sort it all out and all the best. ;) :)

13. victim_no_more

Rape is probably the hardest crime to prove, unless you have evidence like a rape kit or bruises and go in right afterwards. It would be my word against his, then I'd have to worry about him coming after me again. Easier said than done.

As for the move. I'm sure it's not called a rape move, but it seemed like a move where you mount someone. Guess I'm just crazy!

Thanks for your help anyways.

14. adouglasmhor

You are not crazy, nad a rapist could make a move work to do this. Look after yourself and I hope he gets his soon.

15. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Where did you get this impression from?

Do feel that, as things are now, women should not report rape as they are unlikely to be believed? What could the police have done to encourage you to report this crime? What would have encouraged you to report the crime immediately?

16. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

sorry to hear what had happen to you, and you should not let the ba$****
    get off with what he had done to you.taking a self defence art is a good idea but it may not have helped, hope you are able to deal with it and best to you

17. victim_no_more

I think others can only do what's right for them. I will be looked at as the fool since I went on a date without really knowing him. I will be known as the fool for going to where he was staying. *I* should have known better! Wasn't like I was just walking on the street minding my own business and out jumps a rapist! Apparently he just couldn't help himself..whatever

I've seen how other rape victims are treated,ie why did you do this, why did you do that. Maybe if he tries this on someone else, he will be met with a bullet.

18. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Everyone goes on dates, you can't know exactly what a person is like. People live with their partners for years and find out that they are violent and abusive.
    Don't blame yourself.
    Have you had counselling?

19. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

you did not ask for that to happen and you should have no second thoughts about that.

i ditto the him catching a bullet thing or better yet, castration!

20. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

yep if a dude cant control it, he should lose it. ;)