Hello from Kentucky

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by densho, Oct 24, 2008.

1. densho

densho New Member

Hello my online name is densho and I'm from Ky. This is my 2nd effort to join a martial art forum. Not long ago I tried out another forum that was'nt quite what I hoped for. Looking forward to a forum where different martial arts can be talked about.

The only style I have formally trained in was Tracy Kenpo. After several years I decided to make some changes. First I visited a Shaolin Kenpo school and later met some American Kenpo students that I have been practicing with for right now.

For the present I have'nt decided on where to go from here. Maybe toa school which teaches American Kenpo. Or something like Kenpo just a more condensed version. There is a lot of Tracy Kenpo that I never use. would like to meet other kenpo students and Ky. residents that do kenpo or other styles.

2. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Welcome Densho. Yup as long as it's martial arts you can talk about it here.

The Bear.

3. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Or squid or badgers and pretty much anything else really.

Welcome to MAP.

4. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Hiya densho, Welcome to MAP. :)

5. Riker

Riker New Member

Hey, also from Kentucky!

6. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

Hello and welcome aboard.

7. densho

densho New Member

Thank all of you for the welcome. Would like to know what part of Ky. that Riker is from (central,western,etc.) and style.

What I meant with earlier comment about different martial arts was that other site was biased toward MMA and it was difficult to have a real conversation without being flamed. This forum looks different.

8. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

I, too, am from KY - Louisville, specifically. Looks like Riker & I are from the same neck of the woods though we've not met in person as far as I know. May have to remedy that situation. I'm always interested in meeting online acquaintances in real life.

Riker, I'll send you a PM and see if (a) we have met and I don't know it and/or (b) if we can arrange a hook up. Looks like we also have some common MA background in FMA.

Edit: OK. Wasn't able to send you a PM, Riker. Would you mind sending me one?

Mike

9. Riker

Riker New Member

Hi, I'm in Louisville KY, soon (hopefully) to be in Taylorsville if I'm able to rent this house for the same price as my apartment! I practice Hung Gar and Kali, though don't have what u might call 'complete' training in either, or any of the others I'd studied. Hung Gar from a Wing Lam student in Memphis, who tooki a job in Seattle, Kali/JKD from a guy in Memphis who ended up moving back to Texas. Where does that leave me? Scrounging for training partners.

Pesilat I recently emailed you. I will email you or IM, in just a moment.

10. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Not badgers:mad:

11. Riker

Riker New Member

If we built a large wooden badger...

12. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I've had enough trouble with the regular kind this year. Fortunatly we resolved that dispute, it was our rubbish, not his dinner.

13. Riker

Riker New Member

I trust the resolution involved a small caliber rifle?

14. Kapalmuks

Kapalmuks Valued Member

Welcome to MAP densho :cool:>