Hello from Devon , UK

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Koos JKD, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Koos JKD

Koos JKD New Member

Hello all, I found this forum recently and thought I'll come and hang out here for a bit and see how things develop.
    My name is Koos, I'm originally from the Netherlands but have been living in the UK since 1999. I've had a passion for martial arts since I was 11 years of age and started my journey in ITF Taekwondo, under (now Grand Master) Wim Bos. I obtained my 2nd degree black belt in 1988 at the age of 18.
    Life took a few turns since and I ended up in Devon, working for an international company and the travel involved got me in touch with Jeetkunedo instructors in the netherlands. I trained with them weekly until my job brought me working in the headoffice. Under their guidance and approval I've set up a local Jeetkunedo training group here in the Southwest and have been running weekly training classes since 2017 now.

Our Jeetkunedo lineage is via Ted Wong and I'm considered a 3rd generation trainer. My instructors were both certified by Ted Wong and therefore are 2nd generation.

I hope to enjoy myself here and if you're ever in the southwest of the UK (Torbay area) drop me a line , your welcome to come and train along with us.
    Other interests for me are music and spending time with the family and two dogs.

axelb and Monkey_Magic like this.
  2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Welcome to the forum :)

Koos JKD likes this.
  3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome my JKD brother.

Koos JKD likes this.
  4. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Koos JKD likes this.
  5. Steve b

Steve b New Member

Welcome

6. KevinFrancis

KevinFrancis New Member

Welcome Koos, I found this forum about 10 days ago so I'm also new to this forum.
    I'm also a 3rd gen under the lineage of Danny Inosanto and Paul Vunak.
    I want to give a shout out to Pretty In Pink, thanks for the welcome earlier.
    I haven't created any original posts as of yet, just been scouring posts and commenting on topics that interest me. Came across yours
    so wanted to say hello.
    I would also like to say that, if anyone wants to come and train with me and is in the Pensacola Florida area, to give me a holler.

Koos JKD and Monkey_Magic like this.
  7. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

For those of us living with British weather, I think we'd all love to come and train in JKD with you in Florida! Perhaps we need a MAP meet in the sunshine :)

Mitch likes this.
  8. Koos JKD

Koos JKD New Member

Thanks everyone for the welcome messages. I'm still getting to grips with the structure of the forum, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Cheers, Koos

9. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Welcome to MAP :)

10. Dylan9d

Dylan9d Valued Member

Welcome.

So you have been training with James and George?

11. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome aboard :)