Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by JKN-Taylor, Oct 21, 2005.

1. JKN-Taylor

JKN-Taylor New Member

I just stumbled upon these forums and thought it would be a great place to interact with fellow Kuk Sool Won-ers :rolleyes:

I'm a very Very VERY fortunate student (Jo Gyo Nim) of both Kwan Jang Nims, Masters Barry and Choon Ok Harmon, at the Kuk Sool Won of Clear Lake Dojang.

I have had moments in life that interfered with my training, but realized that most of those (needlessly stressful) events were merely excuses and I plan on devoting the rest of my life to Kuk Sool and self-improvement.

I find myself endlessly humbled by the skill of Kwan Jang Nim and Yuh(sp?) Kwan Jang Nim. As well as the tremendous talents of David, Bu Sa Beom Nim. With perseverance and discipline, I hope to one day come even close to the level my masters have achieved...Hey, I'm only 24... With enough time and stubbornness anything can happen :D

Anyway, Nice to meet you all. I look forward to learning much from this collective of awesome people.

JGN Taylor
    Kuk Sool Won of Clear Lake, Texas

2. JSun

JSun Valued Member

What's up JKN-Taylor? I'm Jason. I live a whopping 20 minutes away from you in Baytown. I train under KSN Tommy Nance. I've been thinking about shooting over to the Clear Lake school to check it out. Some friends of mine, some KSWers others not, meet roughly once a week in La Porte to grapple, lift weights and do some bag work. Shoot me a PM if your ever interested in joining. We're always looking for fresh meat to throw around :D

3. JKN-Taylor

JKN-Taylor New Member

haha, sounds cool ^^

I train on Mondays, Wednesdays, (really try to make it on Saturdays). On my off days (Tues, Thurs), I run and lift weights. On Saturday, I do Hyung and weapons training. But my Sundays are usually pretty open. I am trying to get back into Practical sword training outside of KukSool, that might take my Sundays but if not, I'll let you know ^^.

4. JSun

JSun Valued Member

Do that. We generally get up on Sundays anyway. Seems to work best for the people who roll with us.

5. Mari

Mari New Member

Hi! ^__^ Welcome to the boards!

Wow, so you train under the Iron Butterfly!!!!! <3<3<3 Yes you are very fortunate indeed! >w< I would love to meet her and her husband someday!

if you have any questions or anything please feel free to pm me!

~~Mari

6. baubin2

baubin2 New Member

I met KJN Barry at a seminar last summer, but I've never met KJN Choon-Ok Would like to someday. Maybe I'll try to get an internship down there sometime, training there would definitely be cool. Ember, you work down there right? Need any college students this summer:)?

7. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

Hey Taylor, welcome to MAP! Always good to have another KSWer, especially another JKN!

8. baubin2

baubin2 New Member

Hmmph! So say you. Personally, I think we're getting a little too lopsided between us coloreds and you blacks for comfort. I'm not entirely sure you're not planning a takeover of some sort :woo:

J/K of course :p

Anyway, since I forgot to say this the first time, welcome to MAP, JKN :)

9. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

well, we would be but some of us (AirNick) are being driven away my mindless fools. :bang:

anyway, welcome to MAP JKN-Taylor.

:)

10. JKN-Taylor

JKN-Taylor New Member

thanks ^^

11. ember

ember Valued Member

Yes, I'm at the same dojang as JKN Taylor.

As for jobs, send in the resume (NOT to me -- PM me if you need the website). They've got a local student development program here now, we try to keep about 2-3 co-ops just on my team any given semester, and others elsewhere. Not sure about interns though.