Hellfire in Canada

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by SWC Sifu Ben, May 6, 2016.

1. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Just a little update from your neighbors of the north People have been driving out in the midst of hundred foot walls of flame as shown. It is frankly one of the most horrifying situations I could think to try and escape.

80 000 people have been evacuated as fire has destroyed an area more than 20 000 acres or 85 000 hectares in the west (Fort McMurray, Alberta). Thankfully it's well away from Hannibal at least. Some of these people have been evacuated twice or more as the fire spread to areas they were evacuated to were threatened and then overtaken by fire. It's still not out and likely won't be able to be put out without the help of the weather. The firefighters working to put this thing out have really gone above and beyond the call of duty and some haven't slept in more than 3 days.

If any of you are feeling like a generous bunch... our government is matching donations to the Canadian Red Cross. (if this violates the TOS someone feel free to edit it out)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  2. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Ya, it's being reported on the news radio where I live. Extremely frightening. :(

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

It looks truly apocalyptic; best wishes to all involved, and particularly our Canadian MAPpers and their loved ones.

Mitch

4. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

It brings home the power of nature, doesn't it.

It's more scary to me because I've applied for a number of jobs in that area over the last few years (obviously unsuccessfully).