headphones ideas?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by jacobroca, Oct 25, 2015.

1. jacobroca

jacobroca New Member

I'm lookin for some headphones to take with me on my runs - I'll probably bring them to the gym too. Up til now I've been using the earbuds that came with my ipod. I'm thinkin Bluetooth is the best way to go..

Any ideas?

2. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Jabra has some good headphones. I have the over ear ones that I use on my runs and sometimes for watching movie. They are the first pair that I've owned that were so comfortable that I fell asleep in them. I haven't tried their sport earphones however if they are as good as the ones I have now, I would definitely get them.

3. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Can't say I know anything regarding wireless headphones - every one I've owned is wired and even then its a rare day when I shell out for a new pair of cans that I thought sounded so good at the demo station, that I"m not disappointed with the quality when I plug 'em in at home.

My understanding with bluetooth is the way that it compresses audio leaves much to be desired when speaking of audio quality.

My son has an LG Bluetooth headset that uses the aptX compression algorithm, which is supposed to be superior to the older method, and swears it better than his old buds.

:dunno:

If its not blasting the equivalent dB and range of my old SR Lambbda Pro electrostatics ( they quit making them 20 years ago :cry: ) I wouldn't be able to hear anything anyway --> (and I don't)

In the words of the late, great Steve Marriott - I can't hear no tin-thin rockin'.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  4. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I've always struggled to get comfortable in-ear headphones but I recently bought some Yurbuds and they are fantastic. They come in different sizes to fit your ears and, due to the way they go in the ear, they don't fall out when running. Plus they still allow you to hear some of the surrounding noise (as long as you don't crank up the volume too far). I think some of their more expensive models are wireless. The sound quality is better than my over-the-ear headphones, but I couldn't say how they compare to other models, as I've never had any really expensive headphones.

5. jacobroca

jacobroca New Member

I've got my eye on the jabra rox that I found here http://www.pricenfees.com/best-earbuds-for-running.html. They seem to get good reviews and they aren't too expensive. They aren't the over-the-ear's they look more like in-ear monitors and they are bluetooth. Im undecided based on that article...the jaybirds are about the same price but seem to get higher ratings..hmm...

6. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

7. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i like kliptsch ear buds personally. they do a good job of providing a nice sound and blocking out just enough outside noise.

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I'm currently using these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mpow-Blueto...=1445960233&sr=8-1&keywords=cheetah+earphones

Feels great, hooks around the back of the head and stays in. Good whilst weightlifting.

I've always had issues with wired headphones, the cable inside goes and I lose one side. They tend to last only about under a year with me, thats using cheap and expensive ones. And when I enquire getting them fixed, I'm told that its easier and costs the same to just buy another pair.