Haye v Fury

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by puma, Jul 12, 2013.

1. puma

puma Valued Member

How long will it take Haye to knock him out? I say 2-3 rounds tops.

2. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

I hope Fury causes an upset. As much as he is a loud mouth idiot, I dislike Haye even more.

A double KO would be preferable.

3. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

And quite remarkable too!

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Lol... £5.00 to Paddy Power then! (betting shop)

Wonder what the odds would be

5. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Maybe Fury will KO Haye and himself with the same punch.

6. Unreal Combat

Haha, yes!

7. puma

puma Valued Member

Going by their last fights, this going to be an easy night for Haye. I personally like Haye. I know the thing with his toe was embarassing, but I still think he can fight.

8. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

What's with all the dislike for Haye?

9. puma

puma Valued Member

That's what I was thinking!

10. puma

puma Valued Member

It's a real shame this won't be happening this weekend. I was really looking forward to it.

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

He farts higher than his own bum and is a legend in his own mind....mind you Fury is not any better

12. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

He's always came across as nice enough to me :/

13. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I think he puts on a lot of the trash talk, a bit like Chael Sonnen does, just to hype his fights. It works too.

14. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

yep, another Haye injury... what a shocker.

15. holyheadjch

Welcome to combat sports. It happens.

16. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

QFT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/24194484

When you practice a sport where you try not to get hit in the face...accidents happen.

Also it means that even when it get rearranged, Tyson will definately will try to open that scar up.

17. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I had this exact same injury, but just below the eyebrow, just one hour before a seminar with a Grand Master.

I was teaching a class in the morning and was sparring a student. I bobbed and weaved one way, he went the other and bang, a clash of heads.

I got the cut eye, he got a cut on the top of his head.

As I was due to attend a seminar in the afternoon I got my instructor's wife to patch me up with some butterfly stitches.

I don't see any foul play here, just one of those things that happen with decent training. .

18. Unreal Combat

Yep, just a couple of months back my friend had his eye split open by my elbow. Nothing in it, was just from the retraction of my arm and him weaving back in too early, just bad luck.

Haye wouldn't be the first fighter for this to happen to, and he certainly won't be the last.

Now I just have to wait until next year to see them both pelt the hell out of each other.

19. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Haye has a real long history of pulling out of fights and getting injuries. He blamed his lose to klitschko on a broken pinky toe, and he's had several other injuries. He's the only one I could name off of the top of my head that has had more injuries that have caused him to either pull out of a fight altogether, or postpone it. Haye could have done some damage in that fight with Wlad, but chose to just survive and not take ANY risks at all.

20. holyheadjch

Boxers get injured all the time and fights get postponed all the time. You only ever hear about it when it happens with big fights.

When you're dealing with fights that will determine the future of your career, you don't want to go in with any weaknesses that can be exploited. Only a crazy person would go into a fight with an unhealed cut above their eye.