Have you heard of Seiki-Juku?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by thepunisher, Jun 25, 2005.

?

Have you heard of Seiki-Juku Karate, Frank Perry or the UKSKO ?

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

76.5%
  1. seiki juku kid

seiki juku kid New Member

lol good to see people back on the mini seiki juku forum, its been quiet recently.

i'm getting my belt on sunday whoooooooooo!!!! :love:

2. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

Gongratulations !! Did I read that right, you made it and passed black ? I can imagine you are looking forward to this. I still have two weeks to wait to find out if I pass my next grade. The grading is next Saturday than usually the "Busen" takes until the end of the week to show the results. But I think I'll make it...my sensei seems to have the confidence in me passing, I noticed I know everything as well and I don't have much to lose. Except for 25 pds. But I think I'll get it ! :) :)

Christian

3. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

there is a dojo at harlington sports centre, in pinkwell lane, hayes!

4. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

there is a class on sunday at high wycome and it starts at 11.00am for the lower grades (but i do that class and so do a load of other higher grades, lol) and then there is a class at 12.00pm as well (i do both, might as well seeing as it takes me 20 minutes 2 get to high wycombe) and then a load of us have lunch and drink after in the cafe

5. seiki juku kid

yeah i did thanks!! yes i can't wait i've been looking forward to this for soooo long, the little kids at my dojo keep asking me if i failed because i'm still wearing my brown belt!

good luck, sure you'll be fine!!

6. seiki juku kid

i did pass, i swear!!!

jeeeesus!! back from the one-step/ combination course at the Bu'sen, 4 hours of breakfalling and being chucked about the dojo so i'm kinda shattered now but this is the important bit: i went not only because it was a course but also to be presented with my black belt.

at the end of the course sensei perry got everyone to kneel down and started calling people up to get their belts. i was watching the pile of belts diminish and looking around to see who else had to receive theirs. my friends dylan and nathan who train at the same dojo as me got theirs and eventually there aren't any belts left... but i'm still kneeling waiting to be called up... and then everybody gets bowed off and starts to go home...

so i'm like whoooa am i missing something here?? i swear sensei said i passed??? and it turns out i wasn't highlighted on the list thing so he didn't know i needed a belt :cry: but i got one eventually and he called some people back to watch my presentation. can't believe nobody noticed me... sitting on my own in my brown belt... :cry: :cry: :cry:

7. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Crikey - sinking feeling or what...
    Anyway, you've got the belt now - wear it with pride!
    (I reckon the black belt grading is just about the nearest thing I've seen to professional fighting - anybody who makes it through deserves some real respect.)

8. seiki juku kid

whoo big up the shodan crew!! sorry, couldn't resist that...
    surprisingly the kihon and kata were almost more tiring and definitely more stressful than the kumite. the most scary thing about the line-up is waiting for it to start, once you're in there it goes just like that *snaps fingers*

9. thepunisher

I've only heard about it from Lawrence and some other ppl in the dojo. But yeah, fighting (and really fighting)11-16 senior black belts must be the most exhausting thing ever. I mean, our free sparring is already really exhausting sometimes when you face just six or eight but doing 11 seniors including sensei Carol, his brother Bernard, Ben, possibly Gemma and Steve (I don't think you would survive a fight with Steve, to be honest !). I can understand why Jack, Gemmas brother, took himself eight years to prepare himself for the black belt grading......

Christian

10. seiki juku kid

yeah i fought gemma :eek: but i only had 10 fights (i say 'only' ten...) and not all dan grades, a 3rd kyu, a 2nd kyu and 3 1st kyus, then 5 dan grades.

11. thepunisher

gemma is one fast lady ! :love: No, seriously whenever I watch her free sparr in our dojo its amazing how fast she is. and she never stops moving. I saw her fight with sensei Carol and even with him she can pull out some tricks sometimes. Wow ! And...just a personal note, I think she is a goergous, little girl. :D

Christian

12. seiki juku kid

oy!! i am not a little girl!! grrr *gets angry* he he he!!

13. thepunisher

I was talking about gemma, not you, seiki juku kid. Unless your real Name is gemma, of course. LOL
    :D :D

Christian

14. seiki juku kid

lol sorry!!! :eek:

15. thepunisher

No probs seiki juku kid ! :D Bit difficult actually making that same statement towards you I think, I don't even know what you look like. ;)

Christian

16. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

awww r u goin 2 tell gem?

17. thepunisher

That I think she is a cute little girl ? To be honest, I'm not sure if I should. I have liked her for ages and its always been difficult to approach her in the dojo. So I think that might be a problem for me. I also don't know what she thinks of me (see my journal).

Christian

18. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

oh ok lol, does she ever look over at you?

19. thepunisher

Yes, she used to in the past. I think though now her attention is back on her ex-bf Alain, a brown-and-white belt she used to date. I saw her hugging him today after the lesson. So I think my chance with her is gone now.

Christian

20. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

awwww, oh well plenty more fish in the sea! lol i like someone from my club as well