Have you heard of Seiki-Juku?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by thepunisher, Jun 25, 2005.

?

Have you heard of Seiki-Juku Karate, Frank Perry or the UKSKO ?

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

76.5%
  1. Black Belt

Black Belt New Member

Congrats to all those who passed, and even those who attempted but were unsuccessful, aint easy to get in there and try it

2. rwnasty

rwnasty New Member

congrates welcome to the club

To all those who passed the Dan gradeing, at the easter course well done, i look forward to seeing you all at the presentation. Only one more bit of pain to go through, and that is the sparring with yours truely, who was unfortunately unable to spar on the gradeing due to an injury. I look forward to seeing you all on the mat :)

3. kiritsu

kiritsu Valued Member

looks like the presentation will be just like a mini grading might be easier just to line up in front of Ricky and let him have his moment :bang:

4. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

A mini grading??

5. Black Belt

Black Belt New Member

On the last black belt course, the people who had just passed their grading and were on course to collect their belts were given 6 fights each against the black belts who were also on the course.
    So was like a mini line up........Dont worry may not happen again.

6. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

What!!!??? Okay, now I'm worried, just as I thought my trauma was over!

What if you do really badly? Do they ungrade you and say "you're not good enough to be a black belt!"

7. seiki juku kid

seiki juku kid New Member

he he I didn't have that mini grading but as kiritsu said the presentation this time last year was on the one step and combination course at Bu'sen, just assuming you've got the dates right as I don't have them.

Don't worry I'm pretty sure you're not going to be ungraded!!

8. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Well - I heard it was a bit full-on last time.
    But basically if you have achieved a black belt in Seiki Juku, then you have to be able to stand up and be counted.
    (Of course, I haven't!)

9. kiritsu

kiritsu Valued Member

ref the course date log on to www.seikijukukarate.com and click on the events page it gives the time and date.

10. kiritsu

kiritsu Valued Member

New Dan grades

Well guy's what a blinding day last sunday was I got to ask how different do you feel with that gleaming new BLACK belt on, it has taken my Karate to a whole new level and needless to say my work load just went up :eek:

11. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Well - it looks like I've been volunteered for the kata comp at the Tournament on 12th November. There's no point in going if I don't do the kumite too, so that should be fun.
    At least one of my boys will be there too.
    Anybody else going?

(I thought I'd post this in this thread rather than start a new on, as a final bow to the thread originator, who has now left the association.)

12. Bridge

Bridge Valued Member

There's a kata comp in November? Is this a solo event or a team one? What kata will you be doing?

As for doing kumite as well. My team found that after doing a team kata, we were stuck in "kata mode" as it were and couldn't do kumite for toffee that day. Except for our top grade, she was OK, perhaps it was just me. Does anyone else have this problem?

And what's this about thepunisher leaving the organisation? Sorry, I am just nosy.

13. prowla

prowla Valued Member

It's team kata, and I've no idea what we'll be doing (I think it's restricted to pinan katas).
    I'll take that comment about kata mode onboard, but then again i can't do kumite for toffee anyway!
    First I heard about thepunisher moving on was a post on the seikijukukarate.com forum saying he'd asked to be removed.

14. Bridge

Bridge Valued Member

We got namesakes!

I was looking for the Spillard karate forums and forgot the url and had to google it and it turned up this:

http://seikijukukarate.org/

They're a shotokan/jiu jitsu based organisation up in Wigan.

I love a team kata it's like putting on a show and very intense as you're thinking about every tiny detail throughout. Kata comps generally have 2 rounds so you do a pinan kata for the qualifiers and if you get through to round 2, you can do whatever kata you like.

I won't be there but good luck to you and everyone taking part.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  15. prowla

prowla Valued Member

16. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

What's the order of the kata that you good people learn?

17. prowla

prowla Valued Member

We covered that in an earlier thread.

18. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Say, what ever happened to Thepunisher aka christian?

sorry if im 10 years behind!

19. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

hehe just seen he got banned! tut tut :)

20. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Punisher has been kicked out of his dojo...come on guys hit us with the story,