Have you got any tattoos?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dave Rees, Dec 2, 2004.

?

Have you any tattoos?

1. Yes

50.3%
  2. No

49.7%
  1. Loader6669

Loader6669 New Member

I have my sons' initials on my chest, Taz holding a pint of beer on my right calf, and a bald eagle surrounded my an American flag dropping a bomb and holding a missile on the back of my right shoulder. Got that one in England...tattoo artist was very heavy handed so I never went back to get it touched up.

2. SAMA-UK

SAMA-UK the Mr Bean of Wado!

The Green Man is complete!
    About 15 hours needle time and not much change out of £900 - but I'm a happy customer. One quandary, though - what do you tip a tattooist? Having handed over a wedge of cash I didn't want to just add another note to the pile, so I gave him a bottle of single malt Scotch. He seemed happy enough with that!

Attached Files:

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Nasty! I love it!

4. Loader6669

Loader6669 New Member

Tat looks great! And who wouldn't be happy enough with a bottle of single malt whisky?

5. Dillon

Dillon Valued Member

I have the Kyokushin kanji tattooed on my left pectoral, just under where it is on a dogi. I was an uchideshi at the Green Mountain Dojo in VT for a year, and got this just after finishing.
    This is the template I had for my particular kanji:
    http://www.marubashidojo.com/kyokushinkanjiblack.gif

6. Bluesman1986

Bluesman1986 New Member

i have 2 full arm sleeves mixed with tribal, grim reapers and old english. i have one on my chest. i have a dragon on my right leg and the left leg is work in progress i have a tribute to Valentino rossi on one side of it and Tribute to Marco Simoncelli on the otherside. not sure how many that is as i count my sleeves as 1 tattoo

7. Duncan-nin

Duncan-nin New Member

Only two, a dragon and and black rose.

8. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Thin Lizzy fan or is your missus called Rosaleen?

9. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Jeebus Sama - next time go a bit bigger! :D Definitely a different take on the full back mask than I've ever seen!

10. Ninja Dad

Ninja Dad Valued Member

I have my kids names inscribed in angelic script: one inside a sunburst on my shoulderblade and the other within a tribal unicorn on my shoulder and down my upper arm.

11. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

So now that I finally have a job I'm looking into getting started on some ink next month. Sadly my original idea has taken a knock since I've been wanred off having lettering as small as I would of liked but hey.

Anyway I had another design I liked and was wondering how to go about finding the best place round here to do it? Obviously I've checked the galleries on their sites but is there anything specific you can do? Like would taking a copy into the store and asking them to draw it be a good indicator/not too impolite?

12. Mushroom

You can always take the design to an artist and discuss it. If you want them to do a drawing, then they will take a deposit which can be anywhere between £20-£40.
    They cant do it for free as in the end, its their job, unless theres a good rapport.

So its quite normal however, be expected of them stating they want to do the tattoo as its their own take on the design and therefore become the owner of design, as other artists may have a different take on things.

Different artists have specific styles. (polynesian, rock-a-billy, Japanese etc) So just click around.

13. Southpaw535

Cheers

So expect them to fiddle it slightly?

14. Mushroom

Depends on the sketch of the design. Is it perfect as it is. If not and you say. I want "this" but cleaner then they might. But after you paid the deposit their first "go" at the design is not the final choice, so you can have it tweaked etc.

15. NinjaPlease

NinjaPlease Ninjas always say Please.

I want to get a tatto of a koala on my shoulder and back. :)

16. Southpaw535

The thanks button isn't showing up so cheers man

17. crystal waters

crystal waters New Member

i have a yakuza style tattoo on my chest and half sleeves. i have two koi carp on my chest 1 white 1 black. multiple purple lotus flowers, a bagua , a blue and yellow christanium and also cantonese writng in negative down one sleeve with lots of other eastern images. I also have my family crest on my back ( the whole of my back). its just the start as i am looking to getting a full yakuza going down to my feet.
    bare in mind its an expensive hobby... £3500 so far..

18. Mushroom

Nice, why yakuza? Who is your artist?

19. crystal waters

crystal waters New Member

the reason i went for a yakuza style tattoo is because after years of research it was the only thing i could really see myself not regretting getting done. also japanese art appealed to me but i have done it a little odd in that it has a chinese theme and symbolism in it.

i had it done by a great artist called paul scarrott in a place called mantra in my home town. ( i hope that doesnt break any advertising rules. if so please delete.)

I have to be careful with having my tattoo on show as i work with the general public(children mostly) and people have funny ideas about tattooes.

20. Mushroom

Thanks button not showing. Cheers...sounds good