Have you got any tattoos?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dave Rees, Dec 2, 2004.

?

Have you any tattoos?

1. Yes

50.3%
  2. No

49.7%
  1. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

I have my left forearm done, started my left upper arm, a horror scene
    from h.r giger, going from my ribs around my back stoping just before my other section of ribs,(it's starts at my waist, top ends at arm pit height, got about 40% shaded still got a way to go) and a multI- color thinker covering most of the bottom half of my rite leg.

2. Rhizome

Rhizome Super Valued Member

None at the current time but i have 4 hopefully in the pipeline when i can get enough cash. :rolleyes:

3. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Ah, are we talking about future ones too? I've got 14 more on the way.

4. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

I may be a freak but I loved the pain when I was getting mine done.

Then again I don't have anything huge - just a 6cm circular old fashioned variation of a yin/yang symbol on my chest above my heart.

5. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Your not a lone freak, that was my favourite part, getting them done...

6. call_me_rizki

call_me_rizki New Member

nope.. :cool:
    my mom told me not!! and i'm very obey her!!:Angel:
    why the hell anybody wants some?? :confused:
    you know it could infect you some desease from the needle :eek: :cry: :eek:

7. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Not if you go to a reputable artist, autoclaves and sterilisers have existed from at least the 1950's and they wear latex surgical gloves now.

8. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

I've not got any tattoo's at the moment but that's going to change next month as I'm going to have one for my birthday lol.
    I'm also only going to have only close friends see the design when it's done as I intend to have it put in a delicate position.
    I'm thinking of something with a chinese design so I'm looking for ideas.
    lisa xx :D :Angel:

9. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

i havn't got one (i'm not old enough) i want the welsh emblem on me left pec when i'm old enough

10. dragon_bunny

dragon_bunny Valued Member

nope but can turn your lymph nodes funny colours. You immune system does its best by taking the dye to the lymph nodes (as it would a virus/antigen) for recognision and eventually to get a antibody responce and volia multi coloured lymph nodes :D

andre - i really like the idea of getting your childs foot print tattoed on it's so affectionate (thats not the right word but i can't think of it right now!!)

personally probably never going to get a tattoo , hate the sound of the gun, have never come across an idea for one i'd want forever.
    I just stick to sticking needles through me and leaving bits of metal there - cheeper and removable!! :D :D

11. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

1 on the back of my right shoulder and I forget its there most of the time despite being fairly big

12. Dancing Shadow

Dancing Shadow New Member

I have two tattoos.
    The first one is on my right shoulder blade. It is a solid black tribal marking (symbolizing renewal) interwoven with a Native American eagle feather that is colored to symbolize the survival of a battle.
    The second one is on my left foot, and is another tribal marking curving up/around my foot.
    I have to agree that they are addictive. I would caution anyone thinking about getting one on their foot though. That one hurt!

13. Cownose

Cownose Valued Member

When I'm old enough, I'm definitely getting my avatar tattoo'd on the back of my neck...even when my back is turned, the watchful gaze of the Cow will be upon you...:yeleyes:

14. xen

xen insanity by design

yeah, had some work done this year to cover an 'off the shelf' tribal design on my left shoulder blade.

It's a maori-type design, circles and spirals on the top of my shoulder, blending with the interlaced tribal on the shoulder blade and some more interlaced tribal coming off the shoulder and down the the top of the arm, stops just at the top of the bicep, there's also a bit which comes down the front defining the crease between the top of the left pecs and the shoulder. 5hrs over three weeks and i'm going back to have some more work done it in a few weeks when i've saved some more pennies.

This one is freehand. I just put my faith in the guy and let him be creative. Next time i want a couple of hours work to extend in down my chest, then some more down the arm and then some more on the back/shoulder. That'll be another six hours over three weeks. (I've had enough after a two hour sitting and it gives me n him chance to think where to take it next).

I'm gonna give it a rest for 18months or so then. It it such a buzzzzzzzzz (hehehe you either love it, loathe it or don't want to know it!) :love: :love: :love: I'll post a pic when I get a digi camera sorted out.

some nice work on display on this thread btw :cool:

15. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Is that all? 17 hours over 4 weeks. Full chest plate, left pec. Tiger on the water's edge with the storm raging behind. Fell asleep during it and my buddy's wife kept slapping me to stay awake... I always fall asleep, so sooothing.........

16. xen

xen insanity by design

its not that it gets too much, i just get bored and want to look round and see where he's up to every five mins.

i'm also pacing myself cos if i'm not carefull its gonna get out of hand :D (i like the fact it's only on one side at the moment, but i can see it creeping over past my neck if i'm not carefull!!)

i also like to keep training, and when I got the first one years ago, my gi took a chunk out of it a couple of days later :cry:

this time i was going in the morning after training, missing the w'end session and that gave a good six days for it to settle down.

(i know, excuses, excuses :))

btw, does anyone else find the aftercare a right pain? what you folks do to give it the best chance of healing? I gave up on proper dressings this time and cut up a white cotton shirt and kept the area soaked with antiseptic cream day and night. It healed much better than first one where I used those melonin dressings.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  17. old timer

old timer Just well worn !

I am one of the "heavily Tattooed" brigade. I had my first one 28 years ago, I have both arms heavily tattooed from wrist to shoulder, dragon on my back, indian on a horse on my chest, tattoos to both feet, both shins and both thighs. Mine are quite old now and not a patch on modern tattoos and I am currently after ideas on redoing arms again but they need to be in something heavier to cover the existing ones. Do I regret them...........hell no! my only regret was not waiting until I was older and in a position to afford a full body suit, now I can afford it I dont have the room to have what I would like.

18. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

You know I "found" a great tattoo forum where the guys there could answer all your questions! ;)

www.armageddontattoos.com

And anyone who would like to see their tat in a gallery could email it to me .....umm I mean them...... ;) ...... there cos I believe they making a member gallery for tats from around the world...... :D

[/plug] :D

19. Hawks

Hawks Valued Member

I have 3 eagle on one arm tiger on the other and I have a dragon on my right shoulder blade

20. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

i got a tattoo when i was 17 :D
    its on my lower back (easily hidden, easily shown) i designed it myself, ita a pentacle with celtic swirls around it. i love it! :love:
    i wanted to get the TKD one done but too many people have it, so i was thinking of getting the signs on my belt which do mean TKD international, but in a different style. but i can't think of somewhere that's easily hidden and easily shown :rolleyes: ...