Have you ever seen...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by neems, Oct 27, 2015.

1. neems

neems Valued Member

2 competent fighters,fighting each other in an uncontrolled environment (Da streetz)?

I haven't,I've been in the army,worked on the door and as a store detective,and i consider myself a competent fighter but have never came to blows with another or even seen it happen.

just out of curiosity really,most people who start fights,usually imo
    A) Can't fight well.
    B) Are cowards who will carry weapons or attack in groups.

I wonder if anyone else has drastically different experiences/perception.

2. Karatebadger

Karatebadger Valued Member

Only once, two women from a TKD club who had a few too many after a club tournament and decided to have a second bout in Wetherspoons. The fight was stopped by the door staff after a couple of bloody noses but it was very entertaining up to that point. Every other fight I have seen was pretty much as you describe.

3. bigreddog

bigreddog Valued Member

No, I think skilled combat is rare. Training does a couple of things - it makes you more aware of your abilities (and confidence is a great deterrent), it helps you work out the surplus aggression of the day and it keeps you out of the pubs of an evening. Win, win, win

4. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

There was a dash cam video of what was supposedly a former/current service member getting pulled over, hopping out and getting in a heads-up gunfight with the officer that pulled him over. Both seemed pretty competent once it kicks off, at least as far as the video shows.

Not really a lot of Kung fu going on though.

And no, normally you don't see competent people getting into fights. The personality traits that produce competence usually prevent social violence. There are a few videos out there of randoms getting worked by lone decent fighters.

5. liero

liero Valued Member

I'm along the same lines as above. I've seen a few people take out some randoms in a street situation pretty quickly. But not two at a time fighting.