Hatton vs Mayweather!!!

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Ad McG, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Red Bull

Red Bull Valued Member

I stayed up till five in the morning to watch this fight and I ended up disappointed. Not with the fight, the fight was great, but with Hatton. I was really hoping he was going to put up a bit more of a battle.

I had to laugh when he stuck out his backside to Floyd and proceeded to laugh with the crowd. That cheeky grin of his gets me everytime. :D

Anyway, I kinda knew it was all over for him when he started taking those jabs, and I wasn't smiling much anymore when he was practically flung off the ropes. Good fighting from Mayweather though of course. He really is the better the fighter.

I just couldn't get over the crowd. We might as well call Las Vegas "Manchester 2". :D

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

The hilarious thing was right after the decision was read out... there was an entire section in the stands that conspicuously empty... not a seat was filled. That was the Brit's leaving town.

Or at least heading down to the pub.:D

3. Red Bull

Red Bull Valued Member

Gotta kinda feel sorry for them though. English can't seem to win anything anymore. :D

4. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

even the sports personality award went to someone who wins...its shocking as we love to celebrate failure and 2nd place finishes

5. Topher

Topher allo!

WHAM!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  6. Incredible Bulk

7. Topher

Topher allo!

:D :Angel:

Attached Files:

8. Incredible Bulk

love that image...gets me every time :D

9. Incredible Bulk

10. Topher

Topher allo!

:D

Attached Files:

11. slipthejab

Uh oh... this thread is veering into stupidity fast. Reality check time people. Hatton went up against one of the best in the world and gave it what he had... big respect for that. For people to all of a sudden start trumpeting failure left right and center is retarded. 99% of us here couldn't hang in an ABA/Golden Gloves match up on either side of the pond but we want to starting talking about FAIL?!?!

WTF?

Truth be told the real FAIL goes out to the boxing establishment on both sides of the pond... the promoters and organizers. The bastards couldn't organize a **** up in a brewery. Given the amount of boxers on both sides of the pond and scant amount of match ups we ever see... it's no wonder boxing is dieing a slow death.

The media?

Also a big FAIL!!!
    We have tons of new about footy, tennis... even golf FFS but we scant coverage of the sweeter science. The IHT had three pages of sports today yet they only gave about 50 words to the Mayweather VS. Hatton fight. Forget about any other fight.

Now that is FAIL!!!
    :bang:

12. slipthejab

Wish I knew who said it (John Cleese? Jeremy Irons?)...

The English are at their best when the'yre losing.

Which if understood correctly isn't slagging them off.

13. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Hatton may have lost that fight, against the best fighter in the world.

He went 10 rounds and won a few of them too.

He is a world champion. He was unbeaten in 40odd fights. Fail he most certainly has not, he is more than a winner.

The reason England seems to do so bad at sport is our shoddy outlook on things, also we seem to be years behind in other areas. Our outlook is, “oh it don’t matter if we lose, cos were of out on the town after!”
    :D

14. Incredible Bulk

hey slip, jump off the soap box and realise i was pointing at the kid who posted what appears to be two images or gifs that resulted in 2 red boxes.

that my friend is a 'fail'.

Slips judgement on posting a response with an understanding of what is going on in a thread

=

[​IMG]

15. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Ya, many minutes after the fight the announcers displayed the three judges' scorecards. All three had Mayweather ahead, and it was by more than just that one point, so regardless he won the fight.

16. slipthejab

Nice way to muck up a thread with stupid crap. There are no red boxes in this thread. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  17. elektro

elektro Valued Member

What's stupid about it? Hatton didn't display any of the "game plan" that he had - no body shots, always threw the same combination at Floyd. Very disappointing. Looked like he'd totally run out of ideas by about the third round.
    As was his behaviour and the behaviour of his fans - booing the American national anthem, him sticking his **** out to Floyd, hitting Floyd on the back of the head when he was bent over the ropes, wrestling too much. I was dissappointed with his behaviour. Floyd behaved much more like a sportsman.
    Also in the pre fight stuff - Hatton swearing accusing Floyd of "touching his SNIP" - Calling Floyd a "SNIP6 year old" - the TV commentator had to apologise for the bad language more than once.
    Having said that, yeah Floyd was pretty badly behaved in these meetings too, but clowning around, not swearing all the time.

Typical English abroad - behaving like louts and lowering the tone of whatever place it is they visit.

I'm English and I'm saying that. I wish we could behave a little better at these sports events abroad, but I fear we are just not capable - look at the football. It was a little embarrassing to be honest. Just a load of animals drinking too much.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2007
  18. Topher

Topher allo!

I'm not "trumpeting failure" I'm as gutted as can be that Hatton lost. The 'fail' is my two gifs not working (for some strange reason). :woo: :saz:

19. Topher

Topher allo!

I guess you didn't hear the stuff Roid Gayweather (sorry couldn't resist) said to Vicky Fatton...

Hatton: “He told me he’d love to get me inside a prison cell and (snip) me up the (snipity). Most of what he’s been mouthing off has just been banter, trying to get under my skin. It ‘s been like water off a duck’s back, really, but I thought that was a bit extreme. I felt quite embarrassed for him.”
    http://www.myfreesport.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=402&Itemid=1

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2007
  20. elektro

elektro Valued Member

Ah - point is, Hatton made his profanities on live TV. Invoking embarrassed apologies from the tv commentator. What they said to each other in private (or non televised) is a different matter.
    I think a lot of Brits feel quite embarrassed and let down by the anthem booing as well.