Hatton vs Mayweather!!!

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Ad McG, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6920484.stm

It's gonna happen :)

Very exciting for boxing. You can't understand how hard Ricky Hatton is going to work for this fight. He learned his lesson getting too out of shape in-between fights and showed it in his last. I might have a look at the prices when this comes round because I think Mayweather will be the understandable favourite and Hatton will stop him. Thoughts?

BTW - This has to be Madison Square Garden or somewhere of similar stature surely?

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

wow... wow... WOW!!!

My money is on Mayweather... even though I wasn't very impressed with his last fight. I'm shocked this is actually going to happen!!! :eek:

Surely this will be a better fight than the Mayweather VS De La Hoya fight was.
    After all the trash that Mayweather talked in the build up to the De La Hoya fight it makes wonder what sort of hyperbole we'll be hearing when this deal is finally inked! :D

Maybe Mayweather rocks up in a Manchester City football jersey for the weigh-in and press conference!!:D

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  3. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

This fight will get me going more than the De la hoya one.

I hope Ricky can beat him! not sure how Fatton will take to all the trash speak!

4. Emil

Emil Valued Member

OMG!!!!!!!!WOW WOW WOW WOW

I can't believe it's actually happening.

Hatton ftw!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

5. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

I like Hatton but I'm putting my money on Mayweather. I just see Mayweather's skill being to dominate. From the clips I saw his fight with De la Hoya was boring but I've seen him fight enough to see his defence smothering and overwhelming. I still hope Hatton wins but that's only cuz Mayweather just talks to much smack.

Used to be a fan of Mayweather but got real irate hearing him dis MMA and then follow that up with a really boring fight with De la Hoya.

6. cowzerp

cowzerp Valued Member

im up for hatton but believe mayweather will win, if hatton can pull it off he will become a megastar-this is the biggest fight of his life..

7. Developing

Developing Valued Member

Yes this is very very exciting. I agree with the school of thought that says Mayweather's skills will dominate. But I don't see him walking away with it, I see him winning a well fought decision. BUT Hatton did stop Castillo with a hard body shot which was impressive. It took Mayweather two tough decisions to beat Castillo. However that means little in boxing where styles make fights. Anyone remember Hearns dominating Duran and than being beaten badly by Iran Barkely. Only to have Duran return to beat Barkely. Anything can happen. That's what makes boxing so exciting.

I've got my money on Floyd but I've been wrong before. Well just have to wait and see. Oh yeah did I mention that this is very exciting. :D

8. Devildog2930

Devildog2930 Teneo vestri ego.

Hatton to KO Mayweather in the 8th with a vicious body shot.

9. Fighter4Higher

Fighter4Higher Dark man of the unknown

Mayweather all day :D

10. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Slip The Jab says.. "Maybe Mayweather rocks up in a Manchester City football jersey for the weigh-in and press conference!!"

That would be bad! but What woud be real bad is if Mayweather went to the weigh in with a Manchester United shirt on!.

My heart goes with Hatton but head says Mayweather. :)

11. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

i agree with the cobra

i agree with the cobra
    PBF will not be able to go toe to toe, and he will hit-and-run all night long.

12. cowzerp

cowzerp Valued Member

Why would he want to? that would be like leonard v duran 1, he'll fight to his strenghts as will hatton-whoever uses there abilities best will win-mayweather for me.

13. slipthejab

Yeah I don't think that Hatton's gonna take it. He a brawler... a wrestler... and you can't brawl with what you can't catch. And lets face it... Mayweather will show up on his bicycle... can Hatton catch that? I doubt it.

Mayweather is defensively way too sound. Hatton isn't going to win it just by putting pressure on Mayweather. No chance. I saw a prime J. Castillo put tons of pressure on Mayweather in their second go 'round and got handed his ass for it. Can Hatton do better? I doubt it.

My money is on Mayweather.

*runs off to find a booky :D

14. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Hatton will pull it out. i'd put money on it.

15. slipthejab

Here's some of the build up... :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdFrnVO6FBw"]YouTube[/ame]

No doubt Floyd can't afford to catch as body shot like Pep took! OUCH!!!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  16. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

lol! just been reading some stuff about Floyds trash talk just now!

''Vicky Fatton" :D You got to laugh at the guy!

17. slipthejab

Yeah he wades right into it don't he. Not a shrinking violet by any stretch.
    I hope he backs it up... or his ribs are going to be the first to know he couldn't.:D

18. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

This is an exciting fight,....i think i might wet my pants.

19. Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien Valued Member

Hatton vs Mayweather

I hope Ricky wins. Mayweather certainly is the biggest fight of Ricky's career but Oscar fought Mayweather to nearly a draw, it was a very close fight. Most of us on this forum agreed it was pretty darn close. Ricky is a much faster Oscar with the power to go along with it. He must go to the body. Everyone knows Mayweather's 'D' is phenomenal. The body moves less than the head. The old saying 'kill the body and the head will die' should be Ricky's strategy from the start. He can do it.
    Thanks,
    Tom

20. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Just watched the press conference on Sky,Ricky and Floyd both class acts,Floyd wearing a Manchester United shirt! :)