Has Garth joined the Bujinkan??

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by gapjumper, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Garth,

Have you joined the Bujinkan?

Have just seen that the www.uscninjutsu.com site, that I believe you are linked to now seems to teach Bujinkan.

2. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

I think your mistaken, that webpage is associated with a particular Mr. Norman Smithers, and we all know that Garth hasn't claimed to have 25 years of experience with the Japanese martial arts of neither the samurai nor the ninja.

3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  4. gapjumper

Are we doing morse code now?

:)

5. gapjumper

6. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Yep.

It stands for "couldn't be arsed".

7. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Aren't callout threads against TOS?

8. gapjumper

I think you missed the point.

For the benefit of non-regulars: I am questioning the CLAIM that they teach Bujinkan, when Gary and the people at that site have always said they are not Bujinkan and don't like the Bujinkan.

Maybe they have changed their minds and joined AND have got valid teaching licenses in the last few months.

9. garth

garth Valued Member

OK let me put this to rest.

This group was associated with us until a few months ago. Originally this group was on its own and apparantly the teacher had trained with Richard Van Donk in the States.

Due to the fact that the owner of this group has not agred to abide by our club constitution we have parted company. I have asked the owner of this website to take down any links, photographs of myself and my group, but this has not been done.

I gave this person no permission to advertise the Norman Smithers seminar and the fact that he is asking for money to be sent to him is just one of the reasons we have parted company.

Let me state catergorically that AFAIK Norman Smithers has nothing to do with this group and apart from saying that Norman is someone I consider a good honest person and friend, has nothing to do with our group.

I am not a member of the Bujinkan and the fact that this person has stating that he has links to the Bujinkan is yet another reason we have parted company.

To put it bluntly the owner of the website was asked to abide by certain conditions we set i.e. no claims of affiliation with the Bujinkan and other groups, or claims of calling himself a master. This was not done and therefore as a group decision with our club the affiliation was broken.

Garth

10. gapjumper

Hmmmm so it looks like things are not quite right in Bedford. This USC Ninjutsu club advertises Bujinkan but doesn't even seem to be part of the organisation?

I wonder if any training he may have had was by DVD homestudy?

Is this the Mr Dass who is the owner? Is he taking money for seminars that are nothing to do with him?

Strange goings on!

11. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

He's nothing to do with me

12. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

How hilarious. Can't even meet Garth's lofty standards.

13. AndrewTheAndroid

You couldn't get Garth to clear up the issue via pm before making this thread?:rolleyes:

14. garth

garth Valued Member

Just for the record I havent said that I don't like the Bujinkan, what I have said is that there are elements of the Bujinkan I don't like.

15. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

I think the majority here on the board would admit to feeling the same.

16. gapjumper

Not when it's a question for the wider group.

Do you have anything to contribute, or are you just bored?

17. gapjumper

Indeedy

18. AndrewTheAndroid

The key word was "before." You could have got Garth to clear it up via PM, and then made a thread to let people know. That would have been the polite thing to do.

19. gapjumper

Polite? Why do you think that?

Gary is hardly ever on these days.

And who made you ethics captain anyway?

Or just some gentle trolling maybe?

If you dont like the thread...stop posting to it.

THAT would be polite.

Or maybe you are connected to the school in question?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  20. AndrewTheAndroid

Why do I think it's polite? How would you feel about someone making a thread about your credentials/claims, without first getting your side of the story?

LOL Typical. I say that your making a call out thread, and that's exactly what it is, and your only response is to accuse me of trolling and being connected to the school in question.

Considering I don't even live in the same country, nor even have ever claimed to practice Ninjutsu, I think it would safe to assume that I am in no way connected to the school.

I am just a concerned citizen of the MAP community.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.