Has anyone tried neuroplasticity training?

Discussion in 'Mental Health and Addiction' started by AndrewTheAndroid, Nov 3, 2017.

1. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

what was your experience with it? I'm giving it a go.

2. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

In what sense?

I'm aware of it in terms of neurological rehabilitation - recruiting new parts of the brain to perform functions destroyed by a stroke, for example, but what is
    neuroplasticity training for people without brain pathology?

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I regularly face-palm so hard when reading stupidity on the internet my brain hurts. Does that count?

Monkey_Magic and Dead_pool like this.
  4. AndrewTheAndroid

From what I gathered as it was explained to me by the doctor, one cause could be genetic since I haven't suffered significant head trauma. However my mind doesn't function well in a way where I have good emotional control or am able to read social cues. Doing this training is supposed to activate the areas of the brain that control those particular abilities.

5. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Okay, cool. Do you have any links describing the techniques and/or theory behind it?

6. AndrewTheAndroid

Wish I did. I'll have to ask the doc next time

David Harrison likes this.
  7. Terry7987979

Terry7987979 New Member

Yes the scientists were stupid before it, as they thought the brain never changes from its birth to death. But they were totally wrong, as it changes in a very sophisticated manner. Now the question is how it changes and what is the time period of feeling those changes. Well it depends upon the changes which you wanna see. Suppose you are trying to change the habit of sleeping late at night, the brain takes time to change itself, but think what will be the time limit if a heavy drug addict is trying to change his full lifestyle. Well it will take more time than that of changing just the sleep patterns.

8. IronMaiden1991

IronMaiden1991 Active Member

Ive been reading into a lot of this lately for my own wellbeing. It's very interesting.

9. Unorules

Unorules Banned Banned

Sounds vert interesting!