Has anyone flown Aer Lingus?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by E-Rocker, Dec 7, 2013.

1. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

And if so, how was it?

I ask because I'm planning to go to London for the World Science Fiction & Fantasy Convention next year, and so far Aer Lingus has the best airfare that I've found.

2. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

(BTW, I did not make the company's name a link in my post- that somehow happened automatically & I can't seem to undo it. Not worried about but I just don't want anyone to think that I'm advertising).

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

It's done automatically by MAP's software. It helps pay the bills (Frodo's cake habit).

4. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Ok, cool.

5. mattt

mattt Valued Member

You will find the best way to reduce an airfare to London is to not depart from England. There is a high tax on this departure, instead if you route to a nearby hub, such as RT to DUB on Aer Lingus and the bolting on a local low cost flight, or flying open jaw into LHR and back out of CDG taking the train there you might be able to drop a few hundred bucks off the ticket.

If you are upfront they don't have lie flat, if you are in the back its all the same crap..

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

If things are so bad at Aer Lingus that they have to spam a martial arts forum, well...I wouldn't book a flight with them.

7. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

Well I've flows Aer Ligus :)
    It was ok. Not spectacular, but then again, no afforable carrier is providing flights that can be called enjoyable.

8. mattt

mattt Valued Member

There's plenty of affordable stuff - just people don't know how to pay for it the right way. Last week I figured out how to fly from New York - Tokyo in First class for about 300 GBP :)

9. roblen

roblen Valued Member

yeah

theyre fine. nothing to worry about

10. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

They are fine ...

and being Irish will be hospitable and friendly...

Unbiased of course

smurf

11. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Thanks for the responses.

12. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

I have used them many times for short Haul (London to Ireland) and have always found them to be very good, excellent value, with a great service.

Travess